PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint HTC TP on Verizon, how do I revert? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46057)

leva 11-22-2008 04:53 PM

Sprint HTC TP on Verizon, how do I revert?

Basically I am going to return this phone and so far it seems that all I need to do is load the stock Sprint ROM and lock it.

I have been running this phone on Verizons network and have changed some settings with QPST do do that. Will I have to set those settings to what they were before I return the phone? I am talking about the MIP settings.

Now if this is really simple, and I just need to search some more, I am sorry.I will search, I still have about 25 days left to play with it.

I bought the phone just to see if I could do that, so yeah now I don't really need it. It is way too much "phone" for me. I would not even use 10% of its capabilities.

BigDiesel07 11-22-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Sprint HTC TP on Verizon, how do I revert?

Check this link out... It links to the Stock Sprint ROM.. Make sure your phone is unlocked with a hardSPL to use dumped roms as they are not signed.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

leva 11-22-2008 05:08 PM

Oh, I already have the stock ROM loaded on there. All I really need to do is to lock it. I know how to lock it. I just don't want to return it and then have some person purchase the phone and not be able to use it on the Sprint network. I altered the MIP settings to get it to work on Verizons network. Now if this is something I should not worry about, then my apologies.

BigDiesel07 11-22-2008 05:12 PM

The fact you are showing concern for a future customer is a great thing... But I wouldn't worry.. Sprint will look over the phone before selling it to a new customer... You could alter the MIP settings back to the stock Sprint settings... But only if it will ease your mind.. It's better to leave it unlocked and have Sprint take care of it then re-locking it and causing problems down the road...

fearbasel04 11-22-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leva (Post 536134)
Oh, I already have the stock ROM loaded on there. All I really need to do is to lock it. I know how to lock it. I just don't want to return it and then have some person purchase the phone and not be able to use it on the Sprint network. I altered the MIP settings to get it to work on Verizons network. Now if this is something I should not worry about, then my apologies.

nice of you to care however being its a must the phone is shipped back to sprint to get it cleared anyways and double checked and comes back to the seller as refurbish. now some will just resell it *coughs radioshack* yeah i was gulity of it too so i know it happens

sorry off topic

leva 11-22-2008 05:14 PM

Oh ok, wow. Thanks for the quick response!

jmorton10 11-22-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leva (Post 536119)

I bought the phone just to see if I could do that, so yeah now I don't really need it. It is way too much "phone" for me.

You bought a TP just to see if it would work on vz???

~John

BigDiesel07 11-22-2008 05:30 PM

I would wait until a week before the time is up... You may never know... You might fall in love with it... lol... What type of device do you think you will purchase now that you are giving your TP back?

leva 11-22-2008 06:05 PM

jmorton10 Yeah I just wanted to try out this whole unlocking/flashing thing. Plus its something new. I mainly deal with computers but this seemed interesting.