PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

docmarioce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there any way too...

Hi guys

I'm appealing to your experience with WM. Is there any way to access the Task Manager application with a press of a key like my wife's Treo 800w that can get to Task manager by pressing and holding the OK button?

Thanks

Mario
Old 11-22-2008, 01:25 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Is there any way too...

on your tabs goto settings. or start, settings, connections. same thing

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-22-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Well, how about 2 inputs? - Just look in the upper right hand corner and touch the icon with 3 bars and the little arrow pointing down....then select the icon of the wrench...viola!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

docmarioce is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
on your tabs goto settings.
Can you explain a little better?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

docmarioce is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
Well, how about 2 inputs? - Just look in the upper right hand corner and touch the icon with 3 bars and the little arrow pointing down....then select the icon of the wrench...viola!
That's the issue. I have a hard time touching that part of the screen since not always work, i have the same problem with the Start icon as well. If I could find a similar solution for the Start Icon it will also be awesome.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

your tabs, weather, people, internet, mail ect. those are tabs. find the settings one. there ya go.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

docmarioce is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
your tabs, weather, people, internet, mail ect. those are tabs. find the settings one. there ya go.
Yes, I know where to find Settings but when I get there what do I do. I can't customize Buttons because it does not give me the option to assign Task Manager with the touch of a button, I've heard about the 3rd party application called ABPlus or something like that, I even installed it once in my Treo 700wx but I never could make it to work and I don't know if it works on the TP, actually I don't even know if it is the right program for what I want to begin with, so any extra help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your replies so far

Mario
Old 11-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarioce View Post
That's the issue. I have a hard time touching that part of the screen since not always work, i have the same problem with the Start icon as well. If I could find a similar solution for the Start Icon it will also be awesome.
I just hold the TP in my right hand and tend to use my thumbnail for all touches, so I haven't experienced any issues getting at the various elements.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

docmarioce is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
I just hold the TP in my right hand and tend to use my thumbnail for all touches, so I haven't experienced any issues getting at the various elements.
You might be right and could be only me that have to get use to the touch or maybe I'm so used to Treos and using their buttons for everything all the time that is difficult to get use to the touch screen at all, but It is a fact that those upper corners of my TP are not very responsive and that really annoys me.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

Mario - did you try 'aligning the screen'? It is under start->settings>system tab->screen.

I was having a lot of problem with the corners of the screen until someone told me that the screen was originally 'aligned' for the stylus. By re-aligning with my finger touch - it's gotten better. It's not great, but it's 100% better than it was. I used to have to pull out the stylus most of the time to get the 'x' in the right corner, now it usually works with my finger in one or two tries (or three).

It's worth a try if you haven't done it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro