PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Really, really loud!

I'm not sure where to turn, and whether I have a bad device or bad ROM version or what.

I have a Sprint Touch Pro, and the volume on it with headphones is loud. Really loud. Loud enough that I can hear the sound from the headphones connected through the included adapter from a ways away - at 1% volume. Since the rocker switch goes up at 20% increments, this means that a simple bump of the switch results in eardrum shredding. Luckily the included headset is somewhat less loud - 10% is OK and 20% is tolerable, but anything higher is again earsplitting. Why on earth is it so loud? What can I do?

Thanks!

Last edited by AndyCR512; 11-21-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

giltp is a n00b
Re: Really, really loud!

have you checked if the audiobooster is enabled? Also tried doing a hard reset see if that works.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

maybe you're just a wimp.

Actually, in all seriousness, if you go into audiobooster, you can slide everything down by a lot. At least it's not too quiet.

What sort of headphones are you using? I can turn everything all the way up with my hd 555's
Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

I may well be a wimp - I keep the volume on most of my devices at about 1/4 of the max - but this just can't be normal.

I should also mention that there is white noise in the background when listening to things, but the noise disappears soon after any sound on the phone stops playing. Occasionally, there will be an annoying staticy echo to everything played - very suddle but very noticeable when it's completely silent around me.

I've tried a hard reset as well. The AudioBoost feature is off. Turning down all the EQ bars in it and enabling it does indeed bring the volume down, so that's one option. Not sure whether it brings it down enough, though.

I'm using the included headset with the inline microphone, which as mentioned is almost tolerable at 20%. I'm also using the included 3.5MM adapter with some cheap Sony earbuds I use while on walks and a pair of Sennheiser HD 202's, both of which are intolerable at much of anything above 1%. Their volume is perfectly normal when plugged into other devices.

Last edited by AndyCR512; 11-21-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:52 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

yeah thats odd man. Id take it to a sprint store and see if another touch pro does the same thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro