PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 AM
N00b

Amber00Dak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simple clock change and incoming call ring time

Been searching but cant find anything. Apparently when someone calls my phone it rings on their side atleast 3 times before my phone starts to ring/vibrate. Is there anyway to change the response time for this?

Also, I have been trying to change the clock to a transparent version. So far I have the Manilla program and loaded the "Clocks" file and put everything in the proper folder. However, I cant seem to get any of the clocks to work right, they all come up with the stock black background. I have also noticed that if I turn off TF3D before opening Manilla, when I exit Manilla TF doesnt load. It just stays at the wallpaper screen. If I leave TF enabled and open Manilla, it just messes up the clock like I explained above. Any ideas?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Simple clock change and incoming call ring time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber00Dak View Post
Been searching but cant find anything. Apparently when someone calls my phone it rings on their side atleast 3 times before my phone starts to ring/vibrate. Is there anyway to change the response time for this?

Edit: its called Slot Cycle Index (SCI): how often your phone pings the tower for incoming calls and the instructions on how to do it are in post #2 in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...polling+towers

19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

From that post.

Search for BAF MSL Grabber its a small program that will tell you your MSL
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-22-2008 at 01:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
There's a registry edit out there to make your phone poll the towers more often, but I'm not sure what the name of it is. I'll see if I can find it, and I'd just say try searchin, that what I'm gonna do.
its not a regedit...you need your msl tho you can find it here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560

Dial ##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=15
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamu93 View Post
its not a regedit...you need your msl tho you can find it here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560

Dial ##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=15
Ya I forgot to edit that out when I found what it was... mybad
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Amber00Dak is a n00b

YEa, wasnt a reg edit but either way, thanks to both of you. I read through that thread you linked to and got the into I needed. Took me a few tried to search for the BAF MSL Grabber because Search needs to be more than 3 letters. I changed it to 1 and my phone seems to ring when its on the 2nd ring from the callers side, not too bad. thanks again

Now, anybody know whats wrong with my clock? I still cant get the default black screen to disappear even with a transparent clock selected. I also noticed that the icons on the home screen for the Call History and Calendar turn black. Any ideas?
Old 11-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Did you disable/reenable TF3D first?
Old 11-22-2008, 04:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

you have to dl white flip clock first, then transp. clock. this first,http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38039 all your clock needs,http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...87&page=18#178

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-22-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Amber00Dak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you have to dl white flip clock first, then transp. clock. this first,http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38039 all your clock needs,http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...87&page=18#178
That would be perfect if it was a transparent clock. Thanks though.

gator.....if I disable TF3D before I open Manilla, when I click "Exit and launch TF3D" it closes but TF doesnt load up. There isnt even the normal "Launching TF3D" wording. If I leave TF enabled and open Manilla, when I exit it will launch TF3D like usual but the clocks wont show up correctly.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

WARMACHN is a n00b

I was having the same issue
Thank for this info..
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber00Dak View Post
That would be perfect if it was a transparent clock. Thanks though.

gator.....if I disable TF3D before I open Manilla, when I click "Exit and launch TF3D" it closes but TF doesnt load up. There isnt even the normal "Launching TF3D" wording. If I leave TF enabled and open Manilla, when I exit it will launch TF3D like usual but the clocks wont show up correctly.
the other link i posted does have the transp. clock, im using it. dl the white clock first, then the transp. clock over it. another link for transp.clock. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=522027

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-22-2008 at 11:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro