PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech
A little help with an Exchange error? "There has been a change on your server..."

Hey,
So just got my touch pro.
It's awesome.

It doesn't seem to want to play with Mail2Web though.
I get the device setup for exchange. I get it to sync, but when I try to keep push on I keep getting this error in Activesync:

"There has been a change made on your server that requires you to re-synchonize all items on your device. You may lose changes made since your last successful synchronization"

I did it once, and it wiped out all of my contacts.
Went through replacing all of my info, got exchange set back up, synced it, and now I'm getting this warning from Activesync again.

I don't sync with a desktop anymore, just exchange and some Google apps.

Anyone experience anything like this?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Re: A little help with an Exchange error? "There has been a change on your server..."

Can't say that I have, but I did get that message before. It didn't wipe out any of my contacts though.. I'd say go to Mail2web about it on their support and see if they've had similar issues.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: A little help with an Exchange error? "There has been a change on your server..."

Yeah I'm there now.
It'll probably be a day or two before I get any kind of reply.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I reset my my contacts again (forgot to do my calendar so those are now duplicated woot). I found an old desktop activesync support case where they recommended changing the device ID, so I tried it.
Lo and behold, I find out that Sprint is having MASSIVE outages in my area. WiFi seems to work, and I'll be running some errends across town, so we'll see how it goes...
Old 11-22-2008, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

aau007 is a n00b

I had that when I was doing a restore. Right after the restore, I had that message. I just say 'yes', and it resync'd one and I don't get the error anymore.

It may have something to do with the clock on the ppc or not completing the sync. Exchange keeps track of your completed sync time. If the sync'd time on your ppc and the server sync'd time mismatch, it will cause a complete resync.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, That makes sense. Especially as we've been having crazy data outages. Probably why I wasn't hassled over wifi.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

aau007 is a n00b

You may still want to contact m2w. If their end is having issue and their exchange proxy somehow is not registering your completed sync, you will still have this problem.

However, keep in mind a complete resync should not cause any data loss. If you suffer a data loss, there is problem somewhere else. I have used AS for close to 3 years including numerous intended screwed up and had NEVER suffered a data loss because of ActiveSync OTA.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

revdecker is a n00b

Okay, so I did not read everyone's response here, because I have been staring at forums for days to try and find the answer to this very same question and I am starting to go cross-eyed. I found two things that have worked for me, one is guaranteed and the other has worked thus far...will update if it fails.

First, and I read this on another forum and got this answer directly from HTC's customer service. It is not the ideal solution, but it does work guaranteed. If you go into your settings for the sync program on your phone, or on the computer, and tell it to "NOT" sync your desktop email this problem will disappear. Now, what I did last time was change that setting so I could back up everything else and not lose any appointments and phone numbers I put in, then I went back and reversed it so that I could get my desktop email on my phone too. This is something I like to have so it is not ideal, having to do this every few days or so is a pain.

The second solution is one I stumbled upon. I went into the settings for syncing and changed it from, if conflict change on my device - to if conflict change on my computer. The problem, I believe is when there is a change on the desktop email everything gets all screwy. So I did that and haven't had the problem since then. I should note however, that I am not keeping the phone plugged in for long periods of time. I do one of two things, either I plug it in and let it sync then disconnect usb connections allowed (this lets my phone charge but doesn't let it sync repeatedly) or I just unplug after it has synched up.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I hope it helps. Good luck and God bless!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro