PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Retractable Sync Cable (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45959)

DFWBo 11-21-2008 06:56 PM

Retractable Sync Cable

Does anyone know where to get a retractable sync cable at a decent price for the Touch Pro? I have a couple of mini USB retractable cables, but they don't allow me to sync or explore the device from the PC.
Thanks!

HTC_TP 11-22-2008 06:58 PM

Re: Retractable Sync Cable

Best deal I could locate after a little googling: LINK

dole 11-22-2008 07:30 PM

Any normal micro usb cable should let you charge and sync the Touch Pro fine. The proprietary shape is just to support the video out. I doubt the cable at that site's the proprietary plug and it's expensive for a typical cable.

Edwood 11-22-2008 08:08 PM

Not so, I've had problems tethering with all of my retractable USB cables. You need ones with three wires (3 conductor) cables, not ones with only two.

I found one at Frys that worked. It was the Belkin 5-Pin Mini-B Retactable USB 2.0 Cable. Part Number F3U138v03-RTC

Office Depot or Staples might carry it too. You can see the three wires in the packaging.

-Ed

DFWBo 11-23-2008 08:39 PM

I have 3 mini USB retractable cables, none of them allow me to sync/explore and $14 for a $2 cable seems ridiculous...will look for the Belkin.
Thanks!

dole 11-23-2008 08:55 PM

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had a feeling that a microusb isn't just a microusb cable due to the problems you were having, but that makes sense.

mtnmedic 11-23-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood (Post 536526)
Not so, I've had problems tethering with all of my retractable USB cables. You need ones with three wires (3 conductor) cables, not ones with only two.

I found one at Frys that worked. It was the Belkin 5-Pin Mini-B Retactable USB 2.0 Cable. Part Number F3U138v03-RTC

Office Depot or Staples might carry it too. You can see the three wires in the packaging.

-Ed

I second the Belkin. Got it at Fry's for really cheap. Works fine.

ToxMox 11-23-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dole (Post 538444)
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had a feeling that a microusb isn't just a microusb cable due to the problems you were having, but that makes sense.

Just to clarify...I'm pretty sure that the TP uses MiniUSB not micro.

slopokdave 11-23-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxMox (Post 538489)
Just to clarify...I'm pretty sure that the TP uses MiniUSB not micro.

This is correct.

Darkness231 11-23-2008 11:19 PM

One of my favorite cables when I had my Titan was the Plug it BeetleSD for mini USB devices.
or
Plug it Classic for mini USB devices

These are not retractable, but they are very useful.