PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Is there a program that... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45927)

chedda_chez 11-21-2008 03:45 PM

Is there a program that...

allows you to add contacts on the CPU than when syncd it will transfer them to your phone?

i know the palm has this but not sure about WM devices.

-Chez

cornelious2 11-21-2008 03:46 PM

Re: Is there a program that...

yea its called microsoft outlook

TurboFool 11-21-2008 03:48 PM

FYI: The CPU is the Intel/AMD chip inside your computer that does all the processing. When you're referring to your computer it's safe to call it a computer.

Anyway, yeah, as mentioned, this would be the purpose of Outlook. As far as I'm aware, though, with Vista it'll also sync it with the Windows Contacts.

cornelious2 11-21-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 534288)
FYI: The CPU is the Intel/AMD chip inside your computer that does all the processing. When you're referring to your computer it's safe to call it a computer.

Anyway, yeah, as mentioned, this would be the purpose of Outlook. As far as I'm aware, though, with Vista it'll also sync it with the Windows Contacts.

yea your technically correct, but calling the pc a cpu is kinda like calling a copy a xerox. its also a completely standard (though annoying for some of the more technically inclines) way of referring to the pc though a bit depreciated these days.

hibby50 11-21-2008 03:53 PM

or when my english grandparents ask if i want a kleenex ;)

TurboFool 11-21-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 534298)
yea your technically correct, but calling the pc a cpu is kinda like calling a copy a xerox. its also a completely standard (though annoying for some of the more technically inclines) way of referring to the pc though a bit depreciated these days.

It's pretty much non-existent in today's vernacular. Used to be an extremely common misrepresentation of the computer, but is rarely heard anymore. The current standard misrepresentation of the tower is to refer to it as the "hard drive" (always entertaining to show someone to the hard drives to then have them call you an idiot because that's not what they think a hard drive is), or even "modem." People have evolved past the ever so slightly more accurate descriptions of old into new levels of idiocy.

And let's not even touch on the dozen or so descriptions for flash drives, half of which are just humorous, and the other half of which accurately describe completely different products (memory card, memory chip, and memory stick coming to mind as the most confusing, and "scan disk" one of the more humorous).

Geekcop 11-21-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 534315)
People have evolved past the ever so slightly more accurate descriptions of old into new levels of idiocy.

LOL!! May I borrow this line? This exactly describes what I've seen in my career. BTW, hope the Sylmar fire didn't get too close

TurboFool 11-21-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekcop (Post 534370)
LOL!! May I borrow this line? This exactly describes what I've seen in my career. BTW, hope the Sylmar fire didn't get too close

Close enough to get us pretty nervous. We were watching the flames from our home, waiting to see if we should start packing. Thankfully it never came quite as close as last year's fire. That time we were under [non-mandatory] evacuation orders before they got it under control.

And please, use it with my blessing. I'm just so saddened by how our available knowledge and education increases while the people around us seem to get dumber.

BigDiesel07 11-21-2008 05:15 PM

You can use Active Sync to make it a lot easier to transfer the contacts... The link below is where you can download it from...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...x?ProductID=76

getimmaaw 11-21-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 534406)
Close enough to get us pretty nervous. We were watching the flames from our home, waiting to see if we should start packing. Thankfully it never came quite as close as last year's fire. That time we were under [non-mandatory] evacuation orders before they got it under control.

And please, use it with my blessing. I'm just so saddened by how our available knowledge and education increases while the people around us seem to get dumber.

Some people in non-English speaking countries, or countries that have english as a second language use these term to refer to computers and other things. Its not people getting dumber.