PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
N00b

MillerTyme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchanging at BestBuy?

sorry to go slightly offtopic, i just had some questions i think most people here can answer.
So if i wanted to go to BB and swap out my TP for a new one, what is the process there? Obviously bring my reciept, do i also bring my box/accesories? Do i have to give back my SD card (i dont care if they keep the new one, i just have stuff on this one)? Is it just a straight up swap of phones or do i swap the whole box/package?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Re: Exchanging at BestBuy?

In the Sprint store it was a box to box swap...they might let you keep a card or something, entirely dependent on the manager/sales person. Why don't you copy your card's contents onto your computer and then switch it over to the new SD card?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MillerTyme is a n00b

purely out of laziness :P
i should probably do that to be safe
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

If they complain too much about sd card (doubt they will), just tell them to take the new one out of the new box and put it in with the old phone.

I'm still debating to do a last minute swap or not. This is my day 30, I'm not convinced there is any reason to swap out given that my phone seems to be great.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

MillerTyme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
If they complain too much about sd card (doubt they will), just tell them to take the new one out of the new box and put it in with the old phone.

I'm still debating to do a last minute swap or not. This is my day 30, I'm not convinced there is any reason to swap out given that my phone seems to be great.
mine is 99% perfect, the only problem i have is the magnetic or spring or w/e it is sliding mechanism is like slightly stuck, so its not smooth. Its not a huge deal but it annoys me (yes i removed the plastic wrap). Its like not quite strong enough so you can push it like 1/2 way up before it "springs" up.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTyme View Post
(yes i removed the plastic wrap)..
LOL, that reminded me of something funny.

I have a sprint TP activated on verizon but a good buddy of mine is a sprint exec. I was with him when he stopped into a sprint outlet store.

A customer came in raging mad with a TP phone saying "I want a refund, I can't hear s*** on this phone"

He took the phone from the guy, peeled off the protective plastic covering the earpiece & handed it back & said "see if it works better now...."

~john
Old 11-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Skipple is a n00b

I was able to do an exchange at bestbuy due to the fact that my phone would not stay in landscape mode with the keyboard pulled out.

It was FAR easier than I thought it was going to be. All I needed was the Phone itself. She took my old phone and put it in the new box. I was able to take my current memory card and put it in the new phone. I believe she said they don't actually send anything back except for the phone itself in order to get credit for it.

I would just for good measure bring in anything unique to the phone though. The box and the disc that came with it. Anything else is generic and can be swapped.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipple View Post
I was able to do an exchange at bestbuy due to the fact that my phone would not stay in landscape mode with the keyboard pulled out.

It was FAR easier than I thought it was going to be. All I needed was the Phone itself. She took my old phone and put it in the new box. I was able to take my current memory card and put it in the new phone. I believe she said they don't actually send anything back except for the phone itself in order to get credit for it.

I would just for good measure bring in anything unique to the phone though. The box and the disc that came with it. Anything else is generic and can be swapped.

For sure bring the box. It has things like the ESN on the barcodes and they can use that to scan it in for the return and such.

I swapped mine at BB and they didn't care so much about swapping accessories, so long as they thought everything that came w/ the phone was back in the box. I could have duped them pretty good as the reps at the store I was at had no clue what came w/ the phone.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

I brought everything when I exchanged mine. I forgot the headphone adapter though, so I have two now. Before they activated the other phone, I inspected it. I'm glad I did, because it had one pixel out, so I inspected a 3rd one and it was ok. The speaker has some issues, I think it can be fixed with software.

Anyway, Sprints internet has been down in my area all week, so my phone isn't fully activated. None of my data works. I hope your swapped phone activates.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
I brought everything when I exchanged mine. I forgot the headphone adapter though, so I have two now. Before they activated the other phone, I inspected it. I'm glad I did, because it had one pixel out, so I inspected a 3rd one and it was ok. The speaker has some issues, I think it can be fixed with software.

Anyway, Sprints internet has been down in my area all week, so my phone isn't fully activated. None of my data works. I hope your swapped phone activates.

Did you hard reset the phone? I had that problem and they told me it was provisioning. Pretty sure it was because I ran a restore from SPB Backup before I left the store!

If you haven't, hard reset, give it a bit of time for the internet provisioning, and you should be good! You may need to go to ##3282# and change your Active profile to 1 - There are a number of articles on that if you're haven't already found them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro