PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Music Sound quality is AWESOME! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45902)

sat 11-21-2008 01:26 PM

Music Sound quality is AWESOME!

I was skeptical about using a phone as a music player - but I figured I'd try it for the heck of it (especially since I saw someone using a Motorola S9 bluetooth headset with it). I put on my MP3 and connect it to my Denon C550 IEMs and MY GOD. Just MY GOD.

The sound quality just blew me away - full, rich bass, very decent mids and highs... but more importantly - FULL RICH BASS. This thing is better than my iPod, Zune, Archos - waaay better. It even beats my Sansa player which was one of the best matches for the C550 IEMs I have. (I am extra mad now that the TP doesnt have a 3.5mm jack :))

I just hope the S9-HDs I am planning on getting can deliver the same kind of sound quality with the TP.

ggoldfingerd 11-21-2008 01:29 PM

Re: Music Sound quality is AWESOME!

I was thinking about the S9-HD's, it seems like no one has one for the TP. I want to know how it sounds.

darren.wlsn1 11-21-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus_cruz (Post 533947)
You can buy a 3.5 mm converter from radio shack and plug it into the adapter for the TP

+1 thats what i did, cheap too.

Insoc 11-21-2008 01:40 PM

I have the S9-HD... Bass is very strong, but depends on which earpiece you use, so I guess it depends on which earpiece you are comfortable wearing in your ears... That aside I am very much liking my HDs...

P.S. There is a 3.5 adapter in the box...

mdodge 11-21-2008 01:47 PM

What music player are you using? I prefer coreplayer myself. Had a good eq and sound output. That in addition to the wow hd drivers makes the sound even better.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42791

ggoldfingerd 11-21-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insoc (Post 533978)
I have the S9-HD... Bass is very strong, but depends on which earpiece you use, so I guess it depends on which earpiece you are comfortable wearing in your ears... That aside I am very much liking my HDs...

P.S. There is a 3.5 adapter in the box...

How does the sound quality compare to say the wired headset that comes with the TP?

I have the HT820's, I'm not sure if you used those, but if you have, any difference?

Thanks

jmorton10 11-21-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd (Post 534059)
How does the sound quality compare to say the wired headset that comes with the TP?

I have the HT820's, I'm not sure if you used those, but if you have, any difference?

Thanks

I have the HT 820's & both versions of the S9.

The 820's sound the best to me, but only by a hair & you look like a total dork wearing them.......

The S9HD are my favs BY FAR....

~John

Insoc 11-21-2008 02:35 PM

Sorry I don't use wired headsets anymore... My expieience with the previous S9 (I had them as well) is that the HD's sound much better, and calls are now in Stereo, and I believe the mic is clearer, but I wish it had all that fancy dual mic noise canceling technology... :D

I don't really find portable music high quality enough to worry over, but I was impressed with the bass the HDs offered compared to other small (not studio quality) in ear headphones from the past...

Nagual 11-21-2008 02:38 PM

Unfortunately BT/A2DP does degrade the sound somewhat, especially on the highs, but I still like the overall sound well enough. This is (only) my 2nd phone with music playing capability and both have sounded fine.

ggoldfingerd 11-21-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 534116)
I have the HT 820's & both versions of the S9.

The 820's sound the best to me, but only by a hair & you look like a total dork wearing them.......

The S9HD are my favs BY FAR....

~John

Yea, my friend made a comment about how sweet my HT-820's are. Mine might even be fake because I bought them on ebay. They work good, the battery is old though.

Has anyone noticed any differences in turning up the BT Band rate?