PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
sat
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Music Sound quality is AWESOME!

I was skeptical about using a phone as a music player - but I figured I'd try it for the heck of it (especially since I saw someone using a Motorola S9 bluetooth headset with it). I put on my MP3 and connect it to my Denon C550 IEMs and MY GOD. Just MY GOD.

The sound quality just blew me away - full, rich bass, very decent mids and highs... but more importantly - FULL RICH BASS. This thing is better than my iPod, Zune, Archos - waaay better. It even beats my Sansa player which was one of the best matches for the C550 IEMs I have. (I am extra mad now that the TP doesnt have a 3.5mm jack )

I just hope the S9-HDs I am planning on getting can deliver the same kind of sound quality with the TP.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor
Re: Music Sound quality is AWESOME!

I was thinking about the S9-HD's, it seems like no one has one for the TP. I want to know how it sounds.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
You can buy a 3.5 mm converter from radio shack and plug it into the adapter for the TP
+1 thats what i did, cheap too.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I have the S9-HD... Bass is very strong, but depends on which earpiece you use, so I guess it depends on which earpiece you are comfortable wearing in your ears... That aside I am very much liking my HDs...

P.S. There is a 3.5 adapter in the box...
Old 11-21-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

What music player are you using? I prefer coreplayer myself. Had a good eq and sound output. That in addition to the wow hd drivers makes the sound even better.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42791
Old 11-21-2008, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
I have the S9-HD... Bass is very strong, but depends on which earpiece you use, so I guess it depends on which earpiece you are comfortable wearing in your ears... That aside I am very much liking my HDs...

P.S. There is a 3.5 adapter in the box...
How does the sound quality compare to say the wired headset that comes with the TP?

I have the HT820's, I'm not sure if you used those, but if you have, any difference?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
How does the sound quality compare to say the wired headset that comes with the TP?

I have the HT820's, I'm not sure if you used those, but if you have, any difference?

Thanks
I have the HT 820's & both versions of the S9.

The 820's sound the best to me, but only by a hair & you look like a total dork wearing them.......

The S9HD are my favs BY FAR....

~John
Old 11-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Sorry I don't use wired headsets anymore... My expieience with the previous S9 (I had them as well) is that the HD's sound much better, and calls are now in Stereo, and I believe the mic is clearer, but I wish it had all that fancy dual mic noise canceling technology...

I don't really find portable music high quality enough to worry over, but I was impressed with the bass the HDs offered compared to other small (not studio quality) in ear headphones from the past...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Unfortunately BT/A2DP does degrade the sound somewhat, especially on the highs, but I still like the overall sound well enough. This is (only) my 2nd phone with music playing capability and both have sounded fine.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have the HT 820's & both versions of the S9.

The 820's sound the best to me, but only by a hair & you look like a total dork wearing them.......

The S9HD are my favs BY FAR....

~John
Yea, my friend made a comment about how sweet my HT-820's are. Mine might even be fake because I bought them on ebay. They work good, the battery is old though.

Has anyone noticed any differences in turning up the BT Band rate?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro