PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Screen keeps switching from landscape to portrait with keyboard. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45886)

FrankHogan 11-21-2008 11:07 AM

Screen keeps switching from landscape to portrait with keyboard.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? How can you lock landscape mode when keyboard is engaged?

Skipple 11-21-2008 04:07 PM

Re: Screen keeps switching from landscape to portrait with keyboard.

YES! I had that problem for 2 weeks and it drove me absolutely ballistic. The 4 lights on the bottom would flicker and the screen would flip between landscape and normal.

I know someone else who has one that's doing the same thing and he found a program to lock his phone so when he was using the keyboard it was stay horizontal. I didn't think I should have to get 3rd party software to make my phone work correctly so I took it to the Bestbuy store I purchased it from and showed them what it was doing and they said "Well, I can definitely see how that could get annoying quick" and exchanged it for me.

Edit: Oh, and my new one has been working perfectly. I also noticed the keyboard had more "snap" to it. It definitely seems like a different keyboard mechanism. I would STRONGLY recommend exchanging it.

Insoc 11-21-2008 04:34 PM

Unit is defective, my first phone did this.

veetvoojagig 11-21-2008 04:36 PM

As did mine, a swap sorted everything (though getting them convinced that it was a hardware issue was fun, the damned thing wouldn't act up in the store)

Getitnowmarketing 12-26-2008 10:34 PM

This is happening to mine but I purchased a sprint one to use on verizon. Any ideas on how to get it fixed?

bboyneko 12-26-2008 11:22 PM

mine wont randomly do it, but if keyboard is out and i rotate to portrait it rotates to portrait..id rather it stay locked in landscape whenever keyboard is out..i did a search in this forum and only found a mention of a program that allows you to do this but no link.

Anyone have any good links?

Getitnowmarketing 12-27-2008 09:54 AM

Its the magnetic stylus try pulling the stylus out and it stops on mine then starts as soon as I put it in.

aof.squall 12-27-2008 03:09 PM

I am 90% sure it's a flaw with a setting within Diamond Tweak, but I'm not sure which one. I reset several options back to the default setting, and it now works ok. Even if you don't have DT installed, you might have ran the tweak that caused the problem. It might be related to performance-energy settings, actually. The ones that adjust the file system cache.

Getitnowmarketing 12-27-2008 03:48 PM

Nope I first thought it was advanced config or DT but I've built roms without them and still have the same problem. I called HTC and there is a magnet sensor that tells the phone when the keyboard is out that is defective. The stylus is magnetic too and that is why it would intermittingly correct the problem with it out and then cause it to flip with it back in.

Insoc 12-27-2008 04:46 PM

Nice, very good information! My 1st phone suffered this, and I returned it, glad to know it was hardware related!