PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Volume Bumpers No Longer Working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45885)

basilray 11-21-2008 10:49 AM

Volume Bumpers No Longer Working

Hey All,

Suddenly this morning as walking into work, I went to put my phone on vibrate. When I hit the Volume Down bumper, it brought up the System/Ringer screen like normal, but as I hit the button to knock down the volume, it would flash back to TFlo Home. I did a soft reset and it still behaves the same way.

Not that it's necessarily related, but suddenly yesterday I started having problems w/ S2u2 not being able to ignore calls. I uninstalled, did a soft reset, and reinstalled and it seemed to be corrected. That's the only real thing I've done to the phone in terms of software/customizations in the last 4 or 5 days.

Any ideas?

basilray 11-21-2008 11:22 AM

Re: Volume Bumpers No Longer Working

So...I spent some time monkeying around with this problem.

I uninstalled S2u2, and my volume bumpers worked fine again. Did a soft reset, deleted the \Program Files\S2u2 folder and reinstalled. The minute I reinstalled, the volume slider stopped working again.

I did recently upgrade to S2u2 1.35 and am thinking about going back to 1.33 as I didn't have this problem in that version.

Anybody?

jpidding 11-21-2008 11:25 AM

I ran into that same exact problem. Uninstalled S2u2 and everything worked fine again.

- J

ggoldfingerd 11-21-2008 11:25 AM

You have to turn on volume control in the s2u2 settings. You cant use the default volume control at this time.

jpidding 11-21-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd (Post 533697)
You have to turn on volume control in the s2u2 settins. You cant use the default volume control at this time.

Do you know if there is a fix coming for the default volume control?

- J

basilray 11-21-2008 11:30 AM

Odd. It had been working fine the first couple of days. The suddenly last night I noticed the problem w/ ignoring so I uninstalled and reinstalled.

I will probably go back to 1.33 which I didn't have problems with.

Medic 11-21-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 533686)
So...I spent some time monkeying around with this problem.

I uninstalled S2u2, and my volume bumpers worked fine again. Did a soft reset, deleted the \Program Files\S2u2 folder and reinstalled. The minute I reinstalled, the volume slider stopped working again.

I did recently upgrade to S2u2 1.35 and am thinking about going back to 1.33 as I didn't have this problem in that version.

Anybody?

I had the same bug with v1.35, enabling volume control in the s2u2 setting fixes this but during a call you loose function with the volume hard keys.

I went down to v1.33 and everything back to normal.

basilray 11-21-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic (Post 533711)
I had the same bug with v1.35, enabling volume control in the s2u2 setting fixes this but during a call you loose function with the volume hard keys.

I went down to v1.33 and everything back to normal.

Perfect. That is exactly what I plan to do!

ggoldfingerd 11-21-2008 11:38 AM

Yes, when your talking on the phone, the volune buttons act as if you have volume control in s2u2 off and you have your original problem again.

I have a question for one of you guys. When you have your phone plugged in with s2u2 set to stay unlocked, does it lock when you press the power button?

Mine locks when I turn it back on.

basilray 11-21-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd (Post 533728)
Yes, when your talking on the phone, the volune buttons act as if you have volume control in s2u2 off and you have your original problem again.

I have a question for one of you guys. When you have your phone plugged in with s2u2 set to stay unlocked, does it lock when you press the power button?

Mine locks when I turn it back on.

I have not noticed that happening in 1.33 or in 1.35. But, with the newfound sporadic issues w/ 1.35, it's hard to say. Which version are you running?