PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Listening to music with display off (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45882)

blazinazn 11-21-2008 10:11 AM

Listening to music with display off

I'm a big fan of the power button turning off the screen to preserve battery life during normal use. But when I'm listening to music and want to turn the screen off by hitting the power button, it stop the music.

Is there a hack or setting to allow the music to keep playing while utilizing the power button to turn the screen off?

Shawng2020 11-21-2008 10:35 AM

Re: Listening to music with display off

What music player are you using.

sexipink 11-21-2008 11:13 AM

If your using WMP the music should keep playing after hitting the power button.

regression 11-21-2008 11:15 AM

TCPMP also keeps playing when you press the power button to turn off the screen.

blazinazn 11-21-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawng2020 (Post 533624)
What music player are you using.

I'm using the Sprint music tab. It also does it under WMP as well. Also, when I have it connected to my PC with active sync, it disconnects the sync when I hit the power button. ](*,)

I was looking at the Keylock settings under Start/Settings/System/Keylock. It is currently set to "lock all buttons except power" Should that be something else?

ggoldfingerd 11-21-2008 11:21 AM

Are you using s2u2?

blazinazn 11-21-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd (Post 533684)
Are you using s2u2?

Nope.

Success100 11-21-2008 11:30 AM

on my diamond, if I use the music player in the music tab, music will continue playing even if the power button is pressed...UNLESS S2U2 IS RUNNING. Once s2u2 puts the device to sleep, it kills the music on my phone.

BTW, the player in the music tab rocks, audio boost, equalizer, repeat functions, album artwork...all that jazz. I rarely use TCPMP for music anymore.

jhale83 11-21-2008 11:31 AM

I remember my every WinMo phone I've ever used always stopped playing music when I hit the power button but I was pleasantly surprised when that changed with the Touch Pro. Whether I'm in the TF3D music tab or WMP, it keeps playing whenever I hit the power button. Sometimes the music will stop for a split second but it comes back on. That's really weird that it's not working that way for you. Have you made any tweaks to power management with Advanced Config or any other programs. If so, maybe that's affecting it.

jhale83 11-21-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 533706)
on my diamond, if I use the music player in the music tab, music will continue playing even if the power button is pressed...UNLESS S2U2 IS RUNNING. Once s2u2 puts the device to sleep, it kills the music on my phone.

BTW, the player in the music tab rocks, audio boost, equalizer, repeat functions, album artwork...all that jazz. I rarely use TCPMP for music anymore.

The only thing I don't like about the TF3D music player is trying to make playlists. Takes entirely too long when you have 6GB of music to scroll through. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to add other music to the "Now Playing" list.