PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Threaded SMS

I'm using threaded messaging, I'd like to know how you can delete just one message out of 10 other messages in the same thread. Is this possible without having to change settings to classic messaging and then delete individually? Thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Re: Threaded SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
I'm using threaded messaging, I'd like to know how you can delete just one message out of 10 other messages in the same thread. Is this possible without having to change settings to classic messaging and then delete individually? Thanks!
I do it by deleting individual 'Inbox' messages using TF3D. I delete 'Sent' messages by going into the Text Messages view of the all your conversations and changing from 'Inbox' to 'Sent' and just delete from there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

sweet, thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

calllmemoe is becoming a great contributor

You can also use the dpad to navigate up to the message you want to delete while in the thread and select delete from the right soft key menu.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

does anyone else hate the native 6.1 threaded text proggie? its so slow, i remember the app ripped from the WM treo worked so much better. SMS-Chat works great but it doesnt update the tf3d message counter. Anyone tried the treo based app? It cant be distributed here, but im wondering if anyone else has tried it

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
does anyone else hate the native 6.1 threaded text proggie? its so slow, i remember the app ripped from the WM treo worked so much better. SMS-Chat works great but it doesnt update the tf3d message counter. Anyone tried the treo based app? It cant be distributed here, but im wondering if anyone else has tried it
Several people seem to think the Palm one was so much better. I found it buggy, and not cohesive with the OS. I had to constantly uninstall it to remove messages that lodged in the built-in SMS software, and I found it slow and cumbersome. I never looked back after 6.1 was released as I found the built-in to be much better. I think it's nostalgia more than reality.

Anyway, yes, it's been tried on the Touch Pro, and inevitably leads to the person posting asking for help making it usable due to font and window sizing issues, and nobody having any solutions because nobody else has bothered to use it.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Several people seem to think the Palm one was so much better. I found it buggy, and not cohesive with the OS. I had to constantly uninstall it to remove messages that lodged in the built-in SMS software, and I found it slow and cumbersome. I never looked back after 6.1 was released as I found the built-in to be much better. I think it's nostalgia more than reality.

Anyway, yes, it's been tried on the Touch Pro, and inevitably leads to the person posting asking for help making it usable due to font and window sizing issues, and nobody having any solutions because nobody else has bothered to use it.
yeah i figured that. i just really hate the native 6.1. i hate that it takes o long to load messages, especially long chats. also on the treo 800w, which runs 6.1, it shows the whole thread, instead of having to hit "older" just to go back a few messages. im going to try the latest version of sms-chat and see how it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro