PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

djtroy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help me pimp my phone for a Pay Pal donation

I am looking for an expert to help me mod my HTC Touch Pro Sprint phone. I have spent a few hours on the boards trying to install the simplest things and nothing seems to work. I would be willing to send a few bucks to someone who would be able to walk me though getting this thing set up nice.
I use the phone for mass text, nav, etc etc. I saw a guy running Google maps with Igo8 and he had it plugged into his nav screen in his car. SICK.
I know nothing about kitchens, roms etc etc. Let me know if you want to help me.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: help me pimp my phone for a Pay Pal donation

LOL save the cash and READ READ ! all the info you need is here !

oh and this should be here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 07-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

step 1, verify battery is more than 50%

step 2, plug in your phone to pc with usb cable and make sure active sync connects to your phone and windows sees your phone

step 3, download pim backup on pc here then extract the exe onto the sd card on your connected phone

step 4, run PPCPimBackup.exe off your phone from the sd card through file explorer and follow the instructions in that program so that you backup all your important data, make sure to save the stuff somewhere on your sd card. at this step also make sure to copy any important irreplaceble files (pics videos) from device/my documents to your sd card because everything on device will be wiped out soon momentarily

step 5, download this file onto your pc, extract to your desktop and run the exe and follow the instructions on the screen, this will "unlock your sprint phone so that u can flash any rom onto it"

step 6, download a new rom, i suggest my favorite psyki 3, which can be downloaded here, download to pc, extract the rar and then run Custom_RUU.exe, follow the instructions on the screen and this will flash your device to a badass rom

step 7, let the rom do its thing, it'll soft reset it self once after u calibrate your screen

step 8, goto file explorer on your phone, browse to sd card, run run PPCPimBackup.exe and choose restore and point to the location you backed up your previous stuff earlier, follow the next buttons to restore, soft-reset, and your done...enjoy pm if this helps and u were serious about paypal donation if u dont like that rom then i suggest juicy 8 or energyrom. since you have already unlocked your phone by this point u will no longer have to unlock it anymore and can flash to any rom u like from now on, just make sure its for a cdma touch pro, stay away from gsm unless u want a $600 brick

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Read, read, read
Flash, flash, flash
Donate
Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Donate to the ROM cooks though. People in here will help you for NOTHING because we are just super people in here. Its really not that hard. There is a thread that totally walks you through the entire process. Seriously if you can plug your TP into your computer, then you can do this. It is so close to being idiot proof its crazy! I know because I did it, and I'm an idiot when it comes to computer/TP/techie stuff bro. But I spin house, so I'm all good. Check out this video walk through!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

don't forget to hit thanks

&

Last edited by t0mmyr; 07-06-2009 at 07:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
don't forget to hit thanks

&

Ooop yeah I hit that for ya bro! Yes when someone helps you 'pimp' your TP, hit the THANKS button!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Threadstarter

djtroy is a n00b

Ok I szee how it works. I was just getting a little frustrated yesterday. Im gonna buckle down and bang this out. I guess its just the lingo thats different than anything else.
Ill send thanks and praise with ease.
Thanks for the push fellas.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: A bad MoPho...

Boaz65 is becoming a great contributor

Bruh,
It's SO easy, even a CAVEMAN can do it, and trust me...I'm a caveman! This forum rocks so damn much, I read it everyday because I learn something new each time I log on...
Old 07-06-2009, 03:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op if you get stuck somewhere down the road(and you will) you can always pm me and ill try to help or we can im each other. man, that just sounds wrong. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro