PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you text messages arriving about an hour or so after the sender sent it?
Yes, my text messages come in an hour or more later. 68 49.28%
I'm not getting my text messages at all. 1 0.72%
No, I haven't had any issues with text messages. 69 50.00%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone having delayed text messages on their TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
my text are having a slight lag but thats because im normally texting about 5 or 6 people at the same time and I have a very high number of text last month i believe i had over 15000 texts so a little lag is to be expected but what i am missing is calls.
Haha, I use to text that much when I had a keyboard and was in highschool.
My record was 15,000 outgoing in two weeks!! not counting incoming texts either! I sure did get some good ed-jew-muh-kay-shun in highschool.

*Sorry for off topic post.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

remoc8116 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
Mine is actually arriving late. I had someone text me an hour before they were going to come over to my apartment and they arrived and asked me if i got their text. An hour after they arrived we were chilling at my apartment and their text message came in asking if they could come over. I've been having this issue for the last 2 days and its getting annoying.

Sprint is having some issues with the network right now, I have been on the phone for 2 days with them and it appears a ton of people are having the same issues....Hope this helps
Old 06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Lurker

suavestats718 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryeal View Post
Perhaps I can help a little - this was a big problem for me ever since I got the TP - never had the problem with my prior Mogul. I get a lot of texts, and they started rolling in all throughout the night, even though they were sent in the afternoon. Some I received instaneously - others delayed by up to 12 hours.

Called Sprint Tech Support - first person just had the same "network outage" excuse, gave me a $60 credit, and refused to do anything else.

Called right back, demanded to go to the next level of Tech Support (level 2?) - finally got someone that actually wanted to help - and said the network outage was BS and has nothing to do with text messaging (!). Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with them. While they couldn't help me at first, they then went to their supervisor (level 3?) - and they had the solution that even this person hadn't heard of. He immediately knew the problem - said there was basically a "text message clog" in my routing, and they have a command that runs a "text message plunger" (I couldn't make this up if I tried) through the routing to my phone. Immediately worked - text messages became instantaneous and no further problems - old text messages came in right away as well - success!

I can also tell you the following did NOT work that tech support tried:

1. Changing the routing number on the phone
2. Resetting the phone
3. Turning off and then turning on SMS's on Sprint's side
4. Re-entering in account and plan information and/or resetting plan
5. Updating the profile

Unfortunately they didn't really give me the technical details - but I think if you consistently have this problem, you need to work your way up the tech support chain to get some of the uber-knowledgeable people.

they make you fill out a ticket and you tell them your problem which would be texting delays cuz i have the same problem and they send that ticket out to one of their engineers and within three days there suppose to get back you and let you know i did this once never got back to me the engineers its been a week so im trying again and i told them to pass me thru to a level three supervisor and theres no such thing besides doing this ticket
Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch diamond

abcdefg!123 is a n00b

I got a diamond and i had the same prob. what made it work was goin Start>Settings>Personal>Phone>Roaming(Get Settings)>Sprint Only
Old 07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

grt8neaphew is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to grt8neaphew

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg!123 View Post
I got a diamond and i had the same prob. what made it work was goin Start>Settings>Personal>Phone>Roaming(Get Settings)>Sprint Only

i dont have roaming lol. but i went under network service and i have standard clicked and defualt clicked. should it be under there?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

The problem has gotten extremely bad for me in my residence. Up to 13 hours delay, also calls going straight to VM sometimes.

A Sprint tech over the phone helped me do some adjusting on my phone, but it persists. I got so mad I complained to Sprint over ecare and they gave me a large credit off my next bill, which is nice, although I think they need to service their tower and/or network.

Another nice thing is that the tech gave me my MSL, so I decided to do the slot cycle trick. And switched to Sprint only as suggested above. But I wonder if it'll make any difference.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch diamond

abcdefg!123 is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Anyone having delayed text messages on their TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
The problem has gotten extremely bad for me in my residence. Up to 13 hours delay, also calls going straight to VM sometimes.

A Sprint tech over the phone helped me do some adjusting on my phone, but it persists. I got so mad I complained to Sprint over ecare and they gave me a large credit off my next bill, which is nice, although I think they need to service their tower and/or network.

Another nice thing is that the tech gave me my MSL, so I decided to do the slot cycle trick. And switched to Sprint only as suggested above. But I wonder if it'll make any difference.
Yea well switching it to "sprint only" worked for about a day. Now I'm back to gettin texts late and i have to call my vm to get em.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefg!123 View Post
Yea well switching it to "sprint only" worked for about a day. Now I'm back to gettin texts late and i have to call my vm to get em.
I am forced to force roaming in order to get calls/VMs/txts on time. Even flashing to a newer phone radio hasn't helped. Other day I got missed calls, late VMs and txts that were 4-14 hours late.

It may be time soon to persuade Sprint to get me a complimentary Airave. Although signal has always been kind of weak in my residence I think the recent surge in Sprint popularity has just made things worse for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro