PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Modify the flashing d-pad notification? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45811)

wavezero 11-20-2008 09:23 PM

Modify the flashing d-pad notification?

So I really missed my blinking light that my mogul had, I knew right away with out turning it on if I had a missed call, email or txt because if blinked orange.

I was very happy to learn the d-pad light does almost the same thing, with a missed call it dances around in a counter clockwise pattern until I clear the notification.

However, with a voice mail or email it pulses for exactally two minutes, then stops. Does anyone know how to change this setting so it will continue to flash until the notification is cleared? (the flash for _ seconds option is greyed out in the notifications menu)

huynhc 11-20-2008 10:05 PM

Re: Modify the flashing d-pad notification?

1 Attachment(s)
here it is thanks to juggalo

LINK (click here)

It makes the greyed out areas clickable....

krnfrk6663 11-20-2008 10:20 PM

I miss the 'OK' button. :(

wavezero 11-21-2008 03:28 PM

the link isn't working, coud you post the file? Is the just an app or a new rom?

huynhc 11-22-2008 09:38 AM

done and done. it is a .cab you install. VERY small. it just does some regedit to allow you to click the greyed out boxes (i presume)

huynhc 11-23-2008 05:01 PM

you get it to work alright for you wavezero?

wavezero 11-24-2008 02:39 PM

Well, Thank you very much for the cab. It did work (ungrey the field), but it didn't solve my problem. With the "flash light for" field checked and "No Limit" selected, it still only flashed for 2 minutes. Interestingly enough, with it checked, my phone did not vibrate or give an on screen notification like it usually does, even though they were still checked. Unchecking the light box brought these functions back.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

wavezero 12-01-2008 09:33 PM

anyone...

ramiss 12-01-2008 10:43 PM

The reason this cab doesn't work is because the light in question is technically not a WM LED. At least that is what my experiments with Phone Alarm's custom LED settings have shown.

My assumption is that the light goes out because the device has entered sleep mode. If this true then it is the same type of bug that the Samsung devices have (ie i760 and i730). The guys at pdaphonehome.com discovered that it was a driver/hardware issue.

Richard

a1aone 12-01-2008 11:08 PM

It works for me.