PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 04:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cool8man is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Why don't other apps use the accelerometer as well as Kinoma Player?

The accelerometer use in the latest Kinoma update is excellent. The screen rotation is incredibly fast and the transition animations are excellent. I didn't even know the Touch Pro hardware was capable of this. Kinoma is more finger friendly than any program I've used so far for Windows Mobile. Unlike TouchFlo finger flicking is accurate and requires a very light touch. Animations are very smooth and fast.

I wish other Windows Mobile devs would use this code for their programs. Opera Mobile for example is incredibly slow and has no animation when rotating the screen.

Kinoma is so polished it should be built into TouchFlo or Windows Mobile OS. HTC or Microsoft should seriously consider buying this company and it's programmers.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Re: Why don't other apps use the accelerometer as well as Kinoma Player?

unfortunately mine worked for the first few times i played with kinoma freeplay, but isn't working any longer . . .
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
unfortunately mine worked for the first few times i played with kinoma freeplay, but isn't working any longer . . .
Hmmm I too have the same issue
Old 11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

i'm tempted to pull the trigger with this program -- i'm loving it, but i want it to work
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Funny..I just started a thread about this before I saw this one. I just bought the full KinomaPlay, and was very disappointed that the only way I can find to make it go full screen in landscape is to open the keyboard. The accelerometer has never worked for me.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool8man View Post
The accelerometer use in the latest Kinoma update is excellent. The screen rotation is incredibly fast and the transition animations are excellent. I didn't even know the Touch Pro hardware was capable of this. Kinoma is more finger friendly than any program I've used so far for Windows Mobile. Unlike TouchFlo finger flicking is accurate and requires a very light touch. Animations are very smooth and fast.

I wish other Windows Mobile devs would use this code for their programs. Opera Mobile for example is incredibly slow and has no animation when rotating the screen.

Kinoma is so polished it should be built into TouchFlo or Windows Mobile OS. HTC or Microsoft should seriously consider buying this company and it's programmers.
It seems some people have the accelerometer work and others are unable to have it work properly... I do agree it is a polished piece of software, especially the free version, which I use extensively... However, I would rather it stay independent then being bought out... It's good to have competition... If there were none, we would all still be using Windows 3.1...
Old 11-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Lurker

xdmg is a n00b

Mine does not auto rotate as well.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

auto-rotating and VGA resolution would be nice. also, their website says that the update includes a way to set file associations, but i don't see an option for that in their menus . . .
Old 11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine wasn't auto-rotating either, so I did a little digging in their forums. It seems the g-sensor implementation in Kinoma is not perfect yet, and many others are having the same issue. It might be a good idea to report the bug to their support department so that it can be fixed in future releases.

In the meantime, try this workaround posted by vw195 on the Kinoma forum:
Open another sensor-aware program in the background and then launch Kinoma. Sprint TV seemed to work for me, although launching just Opera in the background did not (which is unfortunate, because I almost always have Opera open anyway, but I never use Sprint TV).
Old 11-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Yeah, just upgraded, doesn't seem to be working effectively for me, either. Too bad, as this was just about the only thing (besides VGA support) missing from it. It's such a solid program.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro