PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Returned my Touch Pro - Dpad wasn't working

Well, I had to take back my Touch Pro today. It was simply not useable. The D-pad would never allow me to move to the right and for some reason, it screached to a halt even with a hard reset. If I clicked on any tab in TF3d, it would take about 5 or 6 seconds to actually open. I have no idea what was wrong with it.

Best Buy took it back with no questions. The new one is working fine, but I'm still not happy with the D-Pad. Up & Down is no problem, but you really have to click out side the circle to get left and right to work properly. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work
Re: Returned my Touch Pro - Dpad wasn't working

I think that how it was made, i seen a video about how to press the right and left key pad and it actually work really well.. ( just not on the pad)
Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
Well, I had to take back my Touch Pro today. It was simply not useable. The D-pad would never allow me to move to the right and for some reason, it screached to a halt even with a hard reset. If I clicked on any tab in TF3d, it would take about 5 or 6 seconds to actually open. I have no idea what was wrong with it.

Best Buy took it back with no questions. The new one is working fine, but I'm still not happy with the D-Pad. Up & Down is no problem, but you really have to click out side the circle to get left and right to work properly. Anyone else experiencing this?
You have to click outside the circle for L and R, it's normal...everyone's PROs does the same thing...thats how they were built.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

thats how it's supposed to be.. the ring is for other uses like zooming in opera/pie. click inbetween the home/send and back/end keys to go left/right... works great! its all to make it look sleeker... no button seams like on the mogul. i dont ever accidentally press the wrong keys either.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Yup. You should not be clicking on the circle at all, even for up and down.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
thats how it's supposed to be.. the ring is for other uses like zooming in opera/pie. click inbetween the home/send and back/end keys to go left/right... works great! its all to make it look sleeker... no button seams like on the mogul. i dont ever accidentally press the wrong keys either.
you can use zoom in ie ?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post

What everyone is saying about the Dpad left right up down button is correct. You have to press outside the circle. I don't know about the 5-6 sec issue on TF3d. Unless you are trying to view SMS, emai, picture, Music. I know lag occurs when you first view them after a reset. Once they open though, there is rarely any lag. Unless you reset the phone again.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

The circle, itself, isn't buttons. Only the face around the circle is a button (or two buttons, to be more accurate). When you're pressing in a direction, you're actually pressing that entire half of the face of the phone, and the touch-sensitive surface is registering where your finger is when you click the button to determine the function. If your finger's on the home icon or the answer icon when you press, it activates those functions. If it's in the blank area directly to the left of the circle, it activates the left button press. Same goes for the other side.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you can use zoom in ie ?
ops i was just giving an example of what its there for... dont use pie so i forgot you cant... i think u can with the help of a program though?

its a good thing the OP's phone was lagging because otherwise hed be getting flamed for returning a perfectly good touch pro
Old 11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc ppc6800
Carrier: verizon

russelltw is a n00b

i just got the touch pro with alltel and love it so far, but this took a while to get used to.

I noticed on the rss, I could use it in circular motions (like the old ipods) to scroll through the yahoo news. Clockwise moved the cursor down and counter clockwise moved it up. Is there any other place where this works?

Thanks
Russell

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro