PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Returned my Touch Pro - Dpad wasn't working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45803)

johnnymac 11-20-2008 08:34 PM

Returned my Touch Pro - Dpad wasn't working

Well, I had to take back my Touch Pro today. It was simply not useable. The D-pad would never allow me to move to the right and for some reason, it screached to a halt even with a hard reset. If I clicked on any tab in TF3d, it would take about 5 or 6 seconds to actually open. I have no idea what was wrong with it.

Best Buy took it back with no questions. The new one is working fine, but I'm still not happy with the D-Pad. Up & Down is no problem, but you really have to click out side the circle to get left and right to work properly. Anyone else experiencing this?

CareTake12 11-20-2008 08:38 PM

Re: Returned my Touch Pro - Dpad wasn't working

I think that how it was made, i seen a video about how to press the right and left key pad and it actually work really well.. ( just not on the pad)

thesfactor 11-20-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymac (Post 532706)
Well, I had to take back my Touch Pro today. It was simply not useable. The D-pad would never allow me to move to the right and for some reason, it screached to a halt even with a hard reset. If I clicked on any tab in TF3d, it would take about 5 or 6 seconds to actually open. I have no idea what was wrong with it.

Best Buy took it back with no questions. The new one is working fine, but I'm still not happy with the D-Pad. Up & Down is no problem, but you really have to click out side the circle to get left and right to work properly. Anyone else experiencing this?

You have to click outside the circle for L and R, it's normal...everyone's PROs does the same thing...thats how they were built.

orlandojumpoff 11-20-2008 08:44 PM

thats how it's supposed to be.. the ring is for other uses like zooming in opera/pie. click inbetween the home/send and back/end keys to go left/right... works great! its all to make it look sleeker... no button seams like on the mogul. i dont ever accidentally press the wrong keys either.

dr g 11-20-2008 08:49 PM

Yup. You should not be clicking on the circle at all, even for up and down.

darren.wlsn1 11-20-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff (Post 532731)
thats how it's supposed to be.. the ring is for other uses like zooming in opera/pie. click inbetween the home/send and back/end keys to go left/right... works great! its all to make it look sleeker... no button seams like on the mogul. i dont ever accidentally press the wrong keys either.

you can use zoom in ie ?

aznmode 11-20-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnymac (Post 532706)

What everyone is saying about the Dpad left right up down button is correct. You have to press outside the circle. I don't know about the 5-6 sec issue on TF3d. Unless you are trying to view SMS, emai, picture, Music. I know lag occurs when you first view them after a reset. Once they open though, there is rarely any lag. Unless you reset the phone again.

TurboFool 11-20-2008 09:17 PM

The circle, itself, isn't buttons. Only the face around the circle is a button (or two buttons, to be more accurate). When you're pressing in a direction, you're actually pressing that entire half of the face of the phone, and the touch-sensitive surface is registering where your finger is when you click the button to determine the function. If your finger's on the home icon or the answer icon when you press, it activates those functions. If it's in the blank area directly to the left of the circle, it activates the left button press. Same goes for the other side.

orlandojumpoff 11-20-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 532744)
you can use zoom in ie ?

ops i was just giving an example of what its there for... dont use pie so i forgot you cant... i think u can with the help of a program though?

its a good thing the OP's phone was lagging because otherwise hed be getting flamed for returning a perfectly good touch pro :violent2:

russelltw 11-20-2008 11:37 PM

i just got the touch pro with alltel and love it so far, but this took a while to get used to.

I noticed on the rss, I could use it in circular motions (like the old ipods) to scroll through the yahoo news. Clockwise moved the cursor down and counter clockwise moved it up. Is there any other place where this works?

Thanks
Russell