PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PictureMail...Why isnt it working??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45767)

chedda_chez 11-20-2008 05:20 PM

PictureMail...Why isnt it working???

ive downloaded the latest cab and everything, am i missing something?

THANKS.

-Chez

BigDiesel07 11-20-2008 05:21 PM

Re: PictureMail...Why isnt it working???

What do you mean it is not working? It is not sending out your pictures? People are not receiving them?

chedda_chez 11-20-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 532231)
What do you mean it is not working? It is not sending out your pictures? People are not receiving them?

i dont think neither...it says sending but never says sent and nobody ever gets em, i just tried from my wife phone to mine and nothing, vice versa and still nothing.

-Chez

blackwatch 11-20-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chedda_chez (Post 532280)
i dont think neither...it says sending but never says sent and nobody ever gets em, i just tried from my wife phone to mine and nothing, vice versa and still nothing.

-Chez

have you tried downloading sprints pic mail update or whatever it is from the site via your phone browser?

hibby50 11-20-2008 05:38 PM

he just said yea

chedda_chez 11-20-2008 06:28 PM

anyone having this problem???

-Chez

aceracer24 11-20-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chedda_chez (Post 532445)
anyone having this problem???

-Chez

It's an old lingering issue since the Diamond that a simple search would have told you. There seems to be no perfect fix for it. It is not your phone that is causing the problem but more likely the software or Sprints server. It works or it doesn't and it's never consistant.

chedda_chez 11-20-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 532462)
It's an old lingering issue since the Diamond that a simple search would have told you. There seems to be no perfect fix for it. It is not your phone that is causing the problem but more likely the software or Sprints server. It works or it doesn't and it's never consistant.

i did search so your "simple search" comment was not needed.

im asking if others have had this problem on the Pro, not the diamond.

-Chez

mtnmedic 11-20-2008 06:52 PM

Mine works just fine. Even after the downloaded update. One thing I noticed, however - and this may be what you're experiencing - is that it takes a WHILE to complete sending. Not sure why this is, but as far as I know it DOES work. My sister and mother get my picmail just fine and I receive from them picmail without any issues. Just the actual transmission (sending) from this phone takes more time than you might expect. Try just sending a basic photo and setting the phone aside for a while (some minutes) and check back later. I think, with mine, it takes literally a minute or two to send.

Yeah, it's a bit long but you know what? BETTER THAN NOT AT ALL! I'm very happy my PPC phone can finally do this. I used to have the 6700 since it first came out and subesequently the Touch for another year. Through all that time, I was frustrated that the only way I could send pictures I just took with the phone was via email. While not perfect, I welcome this capability on my Touch Pro and will simply hope that the transmission (sending) process can be improved in the future.

chedda_chez 11-20-2008 07:02 PM

ive left it alone for along time...when it gets to the screen that says sending do i click continue or just leave it be.

i also checked the sprint website and the pics that are being sent are in the sent folder and the ones that were receiving are in our inbox folder but do NOT show up on the phone itself, just the sprint website.

-Chez