PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PictureMail...Why isnt it working???

Download the latest app for picture mail from the sprint site that is the default url for Pocket IE and install it.
Sprint does not offer true MMS for the TP.
They essentially let us use an app to upload the pic from our phones to their site, then they in turn take that pic into a queue. They have 1 or 2 modems that grab the pics and phone numbers and send em out through a dedicated modem. They also send it down as a regular email, but the picture app takes the message apart and uses the info in it.
When you go to try to send your first pic after already signing up for picture mail service, you will see a dialog that says "Configuring Your Device", it will run through the process and then you will be prompted with another window to add your recipients. Use an address from the contacts to see how the number should be entered.
Dont send full 3MP "MP=Megapixel" pics. Most carriers set a limit on the receiving side. I know for a fact that verizon does.
My wife cant receive anything above 2MP's on her phone.
Start with a small pic and then work your way up.
Once you get a pic through, test recieving one. you should get a noification icon up in your top notification bar letting you know you got a new picture.
Hope that helps..I know sprint isnt that much help. So I feel for ya.
They really need to open up the old method they had available for Pics back in the days of ArcSoft MMS. That was good pic sending..!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
ive left it alone for along time...when it gets to the screen that says sending do i click continue or just leave it be.

i also checked the sprint website and the pics that are being sent are in the sent folder and the ones that were receiving are in our inbox folder but do NOT show up on the phone itself, just the sprint website.

-Chez
Unless I'm having a senior moment and am not understanding what you're experiencing, I'm wondering...does your RECIPIENT ever get the same photo message (the one whose photo you've sent which also appears in the "sent" folder at the Sprint website)? If so, then it's just a matter of a software issue on the phone itself simply not "clearing" the sent message (i.e., not giving it a "sent" status, etc.).

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 11-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.
Threadstarter

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
Unless I'm having a senior moment and am not understanding what you're experiencing, I'm wondering...does your RECIPIENT ever get the same photo message (the one whose photo you've sent which also appears in the "sent" folder at the Sprint website)? If so, then it's just a matter of a software issue on the phone itself simply not "clearing" the sent message (i.e., not giving it a "sent" status, etc.).
ok heres whats going on.

I send a pic using that Picture Mail folder thats in your mail tab to my wifes phone, it never completely says "sent" always says "sending". but when i go check the website on my phone number/account its in my "sent" folder. i sign out and check the sprint website from her phone number/aco**** and its in her inbox but it NEVER gets to her phone.

when you send the pics through the Sprint Picture Mail once you click send, the screen says "sending mail" than at bottom left corner it says "continue". i click that and it takes me to the INBOX of the sprint picture mail tab.

-Chez
Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

biseroner is a n00b

What I noticed is that if I have a pictured saved on the storage card that I transferred from my pc it will never be sent. And a picture I take with the camera on the phone gets sent quicker. I think there might be a size issue?
Old 11-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by biseroner View Post
What I noticed is that if I have a pictured saved on the storage card that I transferred from my pc it will never be sent. And a picture I take with the camera on the phone gets sent quicker. I think there might be a size issue?
all these are pictures that were taking from the phone itself...

thanks though...

-Chez
Old 11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Mine only sends 2MP or lower. I've tried 3MP but either it takes hours or it doesn't send at all.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
Mine only sends 2MP or lower. I've tried 3MP but either it takes hours or it doesn't send at all.
do you know what the default size is on the camera? ill check in a sec.

thanks.

-Chez
Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Two things, one are you running mortscript and personalizer? I get the exact same results on my b/f's pro and my diamond consistently each time I try to install these.. as soon as I take them off and soft reset it's back.

If not, try this.. it also fixed my receive problem. Uninstall picmail and net 3.5.... soft reset. if you have your msl restore your data provision. basically reset it but do not do an update. Now, install FIRST net 3.5 soft reset, then picmail soft reset, then update data, soft reset.. you should now receive picmail. I also changed the cab for net 3.5 to one from here on the pro boards.. file name: NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

I don't know if this is the answer to fix the problem but when i send the picture without a connection to the internet it wont work.. So, everytime i send a pic, i connect with internet explorer and it worked just fine.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i wish that the program would automatically resize the picture down to like 1mp or something so that it would be compatible with the other carriers.

also, i wish the program would work right.

my wishes are never granted.

sometimes i can send pictures, 3mp, and they come fine right away. other times days, i'll send a pic, and it will never get there. i seem to receive better than i send though, which is at least halfway there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro