PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   What is lost when you hardreset. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45753)

rlmentz 11-20-2008 04:22 PM

What is lost when you hardreset.

I know everything is erased back to the day i bought the phone, but im really wondering what truly is lost. I use active sync, and know contacts, calendar, notes, and things are saved. But are text messages backed up, email account settings, pictures? Will all that information be lost?

rose1 11-20-2008 04:23 PM

Re: What is lost when you hardreset.

Everything you're added to the phone after you first used it. Also, any settings, call history, text messages, emails etc

cornelious2 11-20-2008 04:25 PM

if you use ppcpimbackup or one of the other backups out there, it can save e-mails and texts and what not then save it to your SD card and the sd card does not get wiped.

electronicrice 11-20-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlmentz (Post 532039)
I know everything is erased back to the day i bought the phone, but im really wondering what truly is lost. I use active sync, and know contacts, calendar, notes, and things are saved. But are text messages backed up, email account settings, pictures? Will all that information be lost?

Dude, you already answered your own question.

everything is erased back to the day i bought the phone

Nothing is saved. Everything is "truly" lost.

rlmentz 11-20-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicrice (Post 532053)

Dude, my question revolves around active sync, and what it will and will not restore..

darren.wlsn1 11-20-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicrice (Post 532053)

nothing is saved? how about the apps. ect on sd card, bad advice. you can also save contacts to sd by renaming pim under device and move it to sd. easier that way for some. still bad advice.

mobo 11-20-2008 04:48 PM

Hi I use activesync over the air for the past two years. You lose nothing that is also in your computer's OUTLOOK. Calendar, Email, Contacts etc all comes back within 5 minutes of getiing activesync back running. Text messaging is lost as it is not usually setup with outlook, though it can be.

Good Luck I have hard reset many times and never loost one email, or contact or appointment.

Mobo

Nagual 11-20-2008 04:50 PM

Basically, it sounds as if you need to use this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=PIMBackup

I haven't tried it yet, but almost everyone speaks very highly of it and it sounds like its lets people restore all their data and do hard resets without fear.

darren.wlsn1 11-20-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobo (Post 532111)
Hi I use activesync over the air for the past two years. You lose nothing that is also in your computer's OUTLOOK. Calendar, Email, Contacts etc all comes back within 5 minutes of getiing activesync back running. Text messaging is lost as it is not usually setup with outlook, though it can be.

Good Luck I have hard reset many times and never loost one email, or contact or appointment.

Mobo

+1 very nice. easy to understand. probably will help others that read it.

electronicrice 11-20-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 532109)
nothing is saved? how about the apps. ect on sd card, bad advice. you can also save contacts to sd by renaming pim under device and move it to sd. easier that way for some. still bad advice.

no, the question was what is lost from the phone after a hard reset. nothing was mentioned regarding a memory card. my advice is sound. do some reading.