PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cmilviper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I bought at Best Buy, can I exchange with local Sprint Store?

Due to call quality issues, I am thinking about trying another Touch Pro, but the Best Buy has none.

Will a Sprint Store exchange the phone for me?

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: I bought at Best Buy, can I exchange with local Sprint Store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilviper View Post
Due to call quality issues, I am thinking about trying another Touch Pro, but the Best Buy has none.

Will a Sprint Store exchange the phone for me?

Thanks.
50/50 chance. I picked up a Treo 800w from a "Sprint Premier Reseller" for my g/f and she was having issues with the keyboard and incoming calls. She was within 30 days, so we went into Sprint and they weren't able to give her one of the spot because it wasn't purchased directly from a Sprint store. They had to order one and we had to wait 3 days for it to come into the Sprint store.

It kind of P'd me off because the guy ordered a brand new one (not refurbished -- confirmed before we walked out the store) even though they had it in stock.

BB may order/setup straight through the Sprint system and not a third party system like the Reseller, so you may get one on the spot, but you may have to get it ordered.

Definitely make sure that you ask for a new one since you're in the 30 days (I don't even know if they have refurbished ones available yet anyways...).

Old 11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Evo

xtatic is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to xtatic

no they wont exchange it for you because bestbuy mobile has nothing to with corporate sprint stores as they go on their own.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtatic View Post
no they wont exchange it for you because bestbuy mobile has nothing to with corporate sprint stores as they go on their own.
Please don't say that as I just had a Sprint phone that was purchased outside of Sprint, exchanged at Sprint (even though they had to order it).
Old 11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

tell them it was a birthday gift and you dont know where hour mom got it. worked for me in a similar way.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

cmilviper is just getting started

Thanks for the info. guys...I may try it and see what happens.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilviper View Post
Thanks for the info. guys...I may try it and see what happens.

I'm in the same situation as well, purchased from Best Buy which was a 3 hour drive up. Best Buy's in San Diego don't sell Sprint phones. I've been waiting for them to get back into stock. I'm still within my 30 days, if not maybe switch carriers

Can anyone provide information as to why sprint won't exchange it in store.

Last edited by nuuuuts; 11-17-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT & ORANGE

harlem135th is keeping up the good workharlem135th is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to harlem135th

I bought mine at best buy on the release date, and they switched it at a sprint corp store (they made sure they had some in stock and if i was still in my 30 days). make sure you have the box so they can scan it. they did mine no problem and best buy is a contractor for them as they stated but you can do it. I even took my best buy info out the box just in case they asked but they didnt. they pulled it up as a sprint upgrade device. they just make sure it does not have a bad esn the Floor Manager said. and i was out the door.

Last edited by harlem135th; 11-17-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I bought mine at Best Buy and am in the same situation where Best Buy is out of stock. I called the Sprint store on saturday and they were out of stock too but I was told they would order one for me because I have insurance. They said I can pick it up tomorrow so we will see what happens. I'm not going to get my hopes up as the guy I talked to didn't seem to know what he was doing (didn't even ask me what was wrong with my pro).
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Just want to let you guys know that I was able to swap mine out at the sprint corp store. I was there 2 weeks ago where the sensor for the stylus broke. They said that they would replace it and they didn't have any in stock. They called yesterday that they were holding one for me to exchange.

I previously called another Sprint corp store and they were the ones that said that they couldn't do anything. They weren't a repair store so she said that they couldn't do anything.

They never asked about me getting it from best buy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro