PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

skfny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Sensors

I did a search and didn't find anything on this topic.

I'd like to disable the G- and light sensors, and also disable the touch wheel in all apps except Opera Mobile.

I would hope these changes will improve battery life and would get rid of annoying situations where the sensors seem hyper-sensitive.

I already set the backlight setting to manual- does this effectively disable the front light sensor?

Thanks guys for all your help. The wealth of information on this forum puts MOST others to shame.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Disable Sensors

You could change the sensitivity of the sensors... These changes will improve battery life, but by how much?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Seconded on gsensor. Mainly in opera mobile, i want it to not use it all together.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

lol.. I know an unorthodox way of turning it off.. NOT ADVISED!! Open up the case and yank it out...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skfny View Post
I'd like to disable the G- and light sensors, and also disable the touch wheel in all apps except Opera Mobile.

I would hope these changes will improve battery life and would get rid of annoying situations where the sensors seem hyper-sensitive.

I already set the backlight setting to manual- does this effectively disable the front light sensor?
To disable GSensor:

HKLM/Drivers/BuiltIn/GSensor/Dll = Gsensor.dll, simply add a "1" in front of gsensor.dll, and it won't load. I find that this does help my battery life. I posted this in the Diamond forum but most people seem to like the sensor's fuctionality. You can always revert by removing the "1".

As you have discovered, the light sensor can be disabled from Settings>System... Setting the back light to lower values does reduce drain. I did find the driver for it somewhere in the registry. I will look again and post if I come across it. I would imagine that it is better if the .dll did not load at all.

Enjoy...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Ok, so how do you disable Opera being tied to the sensor?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
Ok, so how do you disable Opera being tied to the sensor?
I don't understand your question. Opera is not "tied" to the sensor. I manually rotate the screen, mapped to a hard key, whenever I want to.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
I don't understand your question. Opera is not "tied" to the sensor. I manually rotate the screen, mapped to a hard key, whenever I want to.
It seems by default that if I rotate the phone from a vertical position to a horizontal position while Opera is running, the screen will adjust.

I would like it so that if I launch Opera in the vertical position, it'll remain as such no matter how I rotate the phone's physical position.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
It seems by default that if I rotate the phone from a vertical position to a horizontal position while Opera is running, the screen will adjust.

I would like it so that if I launch Opera in the vertical position, it'll remain as such no matter how I rotate the phone's physical position.
If you disable the sensor as I described above, Opera will not rotate on its own.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

Having the g-sensor is nice, but is there any way to tell opera not to use it. I still want to be able to access the g-sensor for other things. I just hate how opera is always turning every which way when I dont want it to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro