PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

halo9909 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Messaging (text) Lag

I know this is weird but in threaded sms when I select a message and delete it and when I return to the main menu where all the sms"s are if I try to scroll there is so much lag
What is wrong with it? I dont think deleting would cause it to slow? or is there a limit on how many txts you can have saved
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Re: Messaging (text) Lag

Do you ever go to the messages, then click on "Menu", "Tools", then "Empty Deleted Items"? Once you delete a text, it just transfers to your "Deleted Items" folder and must be deleted again. Also, the Deleted items folder will only hold 50 messages at a time. so if you delete 150 messages at once from your messages, then you may have to open the "Deleted Items" folder, and keep going to "Empty Deleted Items".

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

there is a thread here that tells you how to get rid of all the lag. and it really works. i had my doubts too but i tried it and IT REALLY WORKS and im a doubful person
Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

c4400 is a n00b

My text messaging lag gets so bad sometimes, that the keyboard stops working altogether, and even gets so bad sometimes that it freezes up the entire phone...

Blah.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Here ya go:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005
Old 08-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4400 View Post
My text messaging lag gets so bad sometimes, that the keyboard stops working altogether, and even gets so bad sometimes that it freezes up the entire phone...

Blah.
the 1st thing could be a sign of the keyboard dieing all together.

the freezing up the phone i only had with my stock alltel rom and if i used the touch keyboad.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crash383 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to crash383

Here is my issue..

I type on the keyboard and hear nothing. If I hit SPACE, the last 4 characters are typed. I am using MM6. I went back to stock and did another hard reset and have the same issue. When I called Sprint I was told I could not be sent a replacement since I have already had 2 replacements.. FOR KEYBOARD ISSUES! I am now stuck with the phone until I am eleigible for an upgrade in February.

Is anyone having a similar issue and is there a fix?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

call them up again and get a different rep and ask for another phone. i would complain till i got a new phone
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash383 View Post
Here is my issue..

I type on the keyboard and hear nothing. If I hit SPACE, the last 4 characters are typed. I am using MM6. I went back to stock and did another hard reset and have the same issue. When I called Sprint I was told I could not be sent a replacement since I have already had 2 replacements.. FOR KEYBOARD ISSUES! I am now stuck with the phone until I am eleigible for an upgrade in February.

Is anyone having a similar issue and is there a fix?

Or if possible, take it to a repair center. I have had 3 replacements all free of charge (I do have TEP) and my mom is getting her's replaced as we speak. They will generally verify you didn't totally hose the phone (by running it over, drowning it, etc) or screw up the OS. If they can't easily fix it...it'll get replaced.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
there is a thread here that tells you how to get rid of all the lag. and it really works. i had my doubts too but i tried it and IT REALLY WORKS and im a doubful person
+1...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro