PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S2P - Touch Pro

I recently started using my TP for music since I leave my iPod hooked up in the car now. I have been using the standard, built-in utility (I recently removed the Sprint Music banner = GREAT!) but I was wondering if anyone uses Slide 2 Play and why? I recently heard about the app and wondered how it worked on the TP, benefits of using it over the default app, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by bgeezy723; 11-17-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: S2P - Touch Pro

I use it on my titan and I love it. As long as your music is well organized its a breeze to use. You can also browse by cover in the cover flow mode.

http://www.ac-s2.com/
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://www.ac-s2.com/ i use it because it works with s2u2 and plays with the screen off using power button.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
http://www.ac-s2.com/ i use it because it works with s2u2 and plays with the screen off using power button.
The default one does this too. Not to knock you, just for people reading that may not have known that.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeezy723 View Post
The default one does this too. Not to knock you, just for people reading that may not have known that.
It does, but you have to let the screen shut off on its own or have a headset plugged into it to do it manually, while s2p lets you do it any time you want whether you're playing thru a headset or the speaker.

I recommend s2p and kinoma, they both shut off and keep playing at all times. Kinoma also works well with Orb. Like someone else said s2p works with s2u2, so you can have your phone locked and still change tracks/volume without having to unlock your device. Couldn't hurt to try it out... I use all three.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
It does, but you have to let the screen shut off on its own or have a headset plugged into it to do it manually, while s2p lets you do it any time you want whether you're playing thru a headset or the speaker.
Ahhhh, ok I got you. I have only been using the headphones, so when I press the power button at the top, it shuts off the screen but the music keeps playing. I just tried without headphones and it does stop the player.

Quote:
Couldn't hurt to try it out... I use all three.
Wow, all 3. I guess it's either go hard or go home lol...
Old 11-17-2008, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Well the music tab and kinoma player are new to me... i exclusively used s2p on my mogul. Now that i use orb too, kinoma is great to have. And until i disable tf3d, I don't mind having a music tab right there. I guess when I eventually run out of device storage, i may have to pick one or two lol
Old 11-17-2008, 04:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeezy723 View Post
if you read what i posted, you wouldnt have to think your knocking me. keyword, powerbutton
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if you read what i posted, you wouldnt have to think your knocking me. keyword, powerbutton
You can use the powerbutton to shut the screen off and the music still plays with the default music player, only when you are using headphones though. With headphones is the only way I had been using it, so when he said it wouldn't keep playing when NOT using headphones, I tested, and he was correct.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
your phone locked and still change tracks/volume without having to unlock your device. Couldn't hurt to try it out... I use all three.
so do I. Love A_C's work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro