PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: people who use kinoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
confirmed video quality is lower... I have the paid version (free using the trial link). But I didn't get it for youtube.... audio is great you can listen to almost any local radio station thats broadcasted over the air. Kinoma Guide > Providers > Radio > TUNED.mobi

on a side note... it has the best video quality on the Palm OS
You do know that Tuned.mobi is free regardless and you can stream that with any free streaming app like TCPMP/WMP (Why pay to stream wma streams like BBC when WMP already does that). There's even shoutcast.com. I see no need to get the pay-version of Kinoma. If i need to play a wma file there's already WMP, the Youtube app in the T.P is better in my opinion (plus free), if i need to Orb, i do it via WMP (have always done that fine for a long time now). The only thing i use the free Kinoma for is as a picture viewer and it works great at that.

Maybe for the Palm OS (which has very limited media apps in comparison to WinMobile) but i see no need to pay for Kinoma.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I really like paid for kinoma version. I used trialpay and got superpass by real 14 day trial for instant credit. Beware that superpass sucks. I cancelled after a day and it was easy enough, although you have to call. The media guide is the best part of Kinoma along with history and favorites. If I want to listen to radio stations in barrow, alaska, I can simply go to the search box and enter that, and all stations pop up. This also happens in the freeward version, although it wont play .wma streams. The history is sweet as if im listening to two or three different podcasts, it is easy to click between the two. It is also very speedy. The flicker and youtube integration is also nice. It also appears as if they will upgrade more so than other players.

The one thing I do not like is that the G-sensor doesnt work with my touch pro although it supposedly should.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

I used trialpay also (blockbuster) so it cost me nada to get the paid version
Old 11-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Thumbs up Re: people who use kinoma

Heads up everybody... Kinoma Play got an update...

Improvements…
  • File associations — Kinoma Play now manages file associations instead of depending on Microsoft’s installer. This improves compatibility with the “Set as Ringtone” feature on Windows Mobile phones, helps ensure that content downloaded with web browsers (MP3 and JPEG files, etc.) goes to the correct folders (My Music, My Pictures, etc), and allows the names of special folders to be properly localized.
  • Improved handling of DRM’d content — Kinoma Play now checks for the presence of DRM, and will now automatically pass DRM-encrypted content to its default player.
  • Spanish language support — ¡Qué bueno!
  • SHOUTcast — Kinoma Play now uses a more reliable SHOUTcast directory server.
…and one fix
  • Unicode in MP3s — Some MP3 files with 16-bit Unicode text in their ID3 tags could cause Kinoma Play to hang. If you ever run across one of these, it’ll now work great.
The link to where I got this information is below...

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/11/a-nic...ma-play-today/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Calidoc is a n00b

Thanks for the update BigDiesel07...i wonder if this applies to FreePlay as well....I highly doubt it. I guess I'll check when i get home...did anyone try with the free version?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidoc View Post
Thanks for the update BigDiesel07...i wonder if this applies to FreePlay as well....I highly doubt it. I guess I'll check when i get home...did anyone try with the free version?
Yeah, I tried updating with FreePlay... No dice...

So you know Cali, you can just click the thanks icon also... It's more efficient that way..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

this is sort of related to Kinoma and I posted this in the Kinoma forums but haven't heard anything from anyone over there -

I have successfully set up a myTunesRSS server, but i can't access direct urls from kinoma free play -- would the paid version allow me to connect directly to the myTunesRSS server? if not, would it allow me to play my playlists? Right now i go to the server through a web interface (PIE or Opera) and it currently plays through the speaker of my HTC Touch Pro in TCPMP

It will not play through my stereo bluetooth headphones. the media played through kinoma will go through my bluetooth stereo headphones, so i'd like it to access the music on my server as well so i can have the best of all worlds (stereo bluetooth + kinoma + remote iTunes server!)

I would love to use Kinoma to listen to the music on my server -- how can i do that?
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 11-26-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidoc View Post
Thanks for the update BigDiesel07...i wonder if this applies to FreePlay as well....I highly doubt it.
So far, we've updated Kinoma FreePlay more or less simultaneously with every Kinoma Play update.

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
this is sort of related to Kinoma and I posted this in the Kinoma forums but haven't heard anything from anyone over there -
I'd responded and offered to try it out for you.

Also, I've learned that Orb plans to release a Mac OS X version in mid-December, and they're taking beta applications now:

http://support.orb.com/kb/entry/91/

-- Charles Wiltgen
Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
I'd responded and offered to try it out for you.

Also, I've learned that Orb plans to release a Mac OS X version in mid-December, and they're taking beta applications now:

http://support.orb.com/kb/entry/91/

-- Charles Wiltgen
Charles, how long until true VGA is available with Kinoma? As you guys have said, it's a quantum leap to add 5 times the pixels in order to truly support VGA Windows Mobile devices and we all just to know how far along development is in that area? Thanks again for all that you guys do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro