PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   whats the best deal I can get from sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45521)

zenkar 11-19-2008 10:20 AM

whats the best deal I can get from sprint?

My contract is up and I am currently using my BB pearl. I have been with sprint for around 7 years and I am wondering what the best possible price you all think I can get? any tips or help would be great thanks

chronster 11-19-2008 11:08 AM

Re: whats the best deal I can get from sprint?

if your contact is up, tell them you're thinking of going the way of the iphone, and they will transfer you to retentions. Just tell them you see no reason to stay because the touch pro is so expensive. I've seen someone here get a TP for $60 so you should be able to talk them down, especially when you have no contract with sprint anymore. They'll do whatever it takes to keep you their slave.

zenkar 11-19-2008 11:20 AM

ya thats what I was thinking and you know what its not far from the truth.. only thing is verizon and ATT dont compare as far as plans go plus my 15% work discount.

chronster 11-19-2008 11:39 AM

don't let them know about the work discount. If anything, lie and make it sound like at&t or verizon give you the work discount.

Just be a hard sell. They want your money, they NEEd your money. Sprint is hemorrhaging money because their customers are switching to these companies.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in your position would get the next two months free with a purchase of a tp, or like a tp for 100 bucks or something

zenkar 11-19-2008 11:48 AM

yup I will give it a shot and let you know what happens..

samshady 11-19-2008 12:19 PM

I've had great luck with showing them the numbers per say. Add up your monthy bill for the past 24 months tell them how much money you've actually spent. Don't give them the "I've been with you for 2 years" let them see that you've actually been doing the reserach and you are serious about taking your business elsewhere. The throw in the fact that you'll be reupping for another 2 year contact that will get them however much money. I've always been able to get discounts on my phone and my plan by using this method.

cal_j 11-19-2008 12:27 PM

I Know Verizon offers discounts for working at certain businesses and in some cases the discount is much better than what your getting through Sprint. That would be used as leverage as well.

Last I checked at&t did not offer discounts for working for a business, but that was 2 1/2 years ago.. Things could have changed

cornelious2 11-19-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal_j (Post 529240)
I Know Verizon offers discounts for working at certain businesses and in some cases the discount is much better than what your getting through Sprint. That would be used as leverage as well.

Last I checked at&t did not offer discounts for working for a business, but that was 2 1/2 years ago.. Things could have changed

I know for a fact att offers those kinds of discounts

but all in all my old 25% discount with verizon still costs me more than 16% discount with sprint.

KINYA 11-19-2008 12:45 PM

Tell them that you been having problems with your phone and that u want to terminate your contract and the will probally give u the phone for free but u will have to be put in a two year contract that is what they did to me and there is a way to get out of the two year contract too

zenkar 11-19-2008 01:51 PM

They offered me nothing.. nadda.. account will cancel on next billing cycle.. oh well guess verizon here I come. heh after so many years and offered nothing I guess they dont need customers that badly.. im shocked