PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

obiom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hide Your Pictures

Ive been going crazy looking for a way to hide your pictures so when some random person asks to look at your phone and looks at "all albums" they can't see every picture on your device and storage card. Please help!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Hide Your Pictures

I don't know what to say, the TF3d menu has made it pretty easy to get to the "all albums" option. I put all my "personal" photos in a separate folder on my storage card, and I make sure the "Favorite" album in TF3d is set to My Pictures on the device. So that way if someone wants to see my phone, they can only scroll/flick through those. I usually dont let anybody do more than that with my touch pro...

[
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:24 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiom View Post
Ive been going crazy looking for a way to hide your pictures so when some random person asks to look at your phone and looks at "all albums" they can't see every picture on your device and storage card. Please help!!!
Yeah man I hear you. I got a couple of kinds of pics of my phone from pic mails or some where else and there's no way to hid em. Everyone wants to see my phone, so I got to always be like wait a sec, take the memory card out, and hand it to them. Making the file hidden does not work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
I don't know what to say, the TF3d menu has made it pretty easy to get to the "all albums" option. I put all my "personal" photos in a separate folder on my storage card, and I make sure the "Favorite" album in TF3d is set to My Pictures on the device. So that way if someone wants to see my phone, they can only scroll/flick through those. I usually dont let anybody do more than that with my touch pro...
Edit: I'm going to try ^
Old 11-19-2008, 05:06 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i just encrypt those pics in a separate folder.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i just encrypt those pics in a separate folder.
What software do you use to encrypt them?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

I used the method gearjunkeez wrote and its better for me now...
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

You could move your photos to a different folder, you don't have to encrypt them...
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
You could move your photos to a different folder, you don't have to encrypt them...
Which is still visible form All Albums. Granted, you have to then tap Albums and PICK the folder, but I'm assuming that's what they're complaining about, since moving it outside to a different folder would be obvious.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I use a program called SBK Mobilesaftey Suite. Its looks all my private photos and videos. The only way you know they are even there is if you use the program to navigate to folder they are in on my memory card. Any other programs says there is nothing in the folder.

Cons:
Everytime you do a hard reset or have to get your device replaced and you install the program again, you get a new USER ID and you have to call or email them to get the Activation Code which usually takes a couple days.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

This is really simple all you have to do is click Album from the TF photos and video menu and click album again.. i use My Pictures, which has the default pictures, then click menu and set album as favorite, click ok and BAM thats it.. the stock pictures will be the only ones showing in the TF3D menu
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro