PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Hide Your Pictures (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45503)

obiom 11-19-2008 03:10 AM

Hide Your Pictures

Ive been going crazy looking for a way to hide your pictures so when some random person asks to look at your phone and looks at "all albums" they can't see every picture on your device and storage card. Please help!!!

gearjunkeez 11-19-2008 03:23 AM

Re: Hide Your Pictures

I don't know what to say, the TF3d menu has made it pretty easy to get to the "all albums" option. I put all my "personal" photos in a separate folder on my storage card, and I make sure the "Favorite" album in TF3d is set to My Pictures on the device. So that way if someone wants to see my phone, they can only scroll/flick through those. I usually dont let anybody do more than that with my touch pro...

LilRico 11-19-2008 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obiom (Post 528777)
Ive been going crazy looking for a way to hide your pictures so when some random person asks to look at your phone and looks at "all albums" they can't see every picture on your device and storage card. Please help!!!

Yeah man I hear you. I got a couple of :-$:read: kinds of pics of my phone from pic mails or some where else and there's no way to hid em. Everyone wants to see my phone, so I got to always be like wait a sec, take the memory card out, and hand it to them. Making the file hidden does not work either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearjunkeez (Post 528794)
I don't know what to say, the TF3d menu has made it pretty easy to get to the "all albums" option. I put all my "personal" photos in a separate folder on my storage card, and I make sure the "Favorite" album in TF3d is set to My Pictures on the device. So that way if someone wants to see my phone, they can only scroll/flick through those. I usually dont let anybody do more than that with my touch pro...

Edit: I'm going to try ^

ou2mame 11-19-2008 05:06 AM

i just encrypt those pics in a separate folder.

regression 11-19-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 528868)
i just encrypt those pics in a separate folder.

What software do you use to encrypt them?

LilRico 11-19-2008 09:43 AM

I used the method gearjunkeez wrote and its better for me now...

Insoc 11-19-2008 10:53 AM

You could move your photos to a different folder, you don't have to encrypt them...

TurboFool 11-19-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insoc (Post 529088)
You could move your photos to a different folder, you don't have to encrypt them...

Which is still visible form All Albums. Granted, you have to then tap Albums and PICK the folder, but I'm assuming that's what they're complaining about, since moving it outside to a different folder would be obvious.

shaun0207 11-19-2008 11:14 AM

I use a program called SBK Mobilesaftey Suite. Its looks all my private photos and videos. The only way you know they are even there is if you use the program to navigate to folder they are in on my memory card. Any other programs says there is nothing in the folder.

Cons:
Everytime you do a hard reset or have to get your device replaced and you install the program again, you get a new USER ID and you have to call or email them to get the Activation Code which usually takes a couple days.

badboy8813 11-19-2008 11:31 AM

This is really simple all you have to do is click Album from the TF photos and video menu and click album again.. i use My Pictures, which has the default pictures, then click menu and set album as favorite, click ok and BAM thats it.. the stock pictures will be the only ones showing in the TF3D menu