PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hide Your Pictures

I just show everyone my dirty pictures without them asking.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telstra

rexboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexboy View Post
Works like a charm, good find. Would prefer something simpler that just hides folder without everything else but the program works well and does exactly what it says it will. Doesnt matter what other program or even using the PC, once hidden i cant see it unless i use the skb program.
Only prob i have discovered is when you use SKB to view the hidden files, it for some reason duplicates it temporarily using your phone memory to view it. i have some large avi files about 80meg which easily fits on the storage card but to view it you need atleast 80meg + on your phone mem which can be a prob. It also takes forever to lock/hide a file depending on the size, easily 10 minutes to hide a file about 60meg +
There has to be an easier way to hide a file that no other program can see it.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: Sprint

maedhros77 is just getting started

If you're really just looking for a way to make the pics or videos not appear in the photo album, use resco, total commander, or some other file manager prog (not default) and delete one letter out of the extension. When you want to view them, correct it. This will make it where they will not appear in any of the albums. Can also not be corrected in file explorer, so theyd have to launch whatever file manager you use, find the pic, and change the extension back to the right one. Hope this helps
Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maedhros77 View Post
If you're really just looking for a way to make the pics or videos not appear in the photo album, use resco, total commander, or some other file manager prog (not default) and delete one letter out of the extension. When you want to view them, correct it. This will make it where they will not appear in any of the albums. Can also not be corrected in file explorer, so theyd have to launch whatever file manager you use, find the pic, and change the extension back to the right one. Hope this helps
yes, this is the best way for snooping people who know how to look for files.
If you encrypt they will ask, what are you hiding.
Make a folder called "system", and Channge the file extension to "dot" any 3 letters and put it in there.
If they ask what is it you can say it is a system file.
Thats what I would do in any computer.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: sprint

xxHBKxx is a n00b

is there anny why that i ca download this program for free ??
Old 02-15-2009, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telstra

rexboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxHBKxx View Post
is there anny why that i ca download this program for free ??
Tried SKB but it became more annoying anonoying the more i used it. It consumes alot of phone memory when trying to view a hidden video and its quite slow.
If you just want to hide pics and videos without having to encrypt etc, just hidden well then use "Hide my stuff v3.6" Discovered it by chance but it works great, small and quick. can easily view files in hiden state and you can transfer them etc without having to unhide them.
Been using for about a week and so far does exactly what its supposed to.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

UBERG33K is just getting started

Is there no better way to do this?

I don't have anything bad that I don't want people to see, but what I do have are program folders that contain images that I don't want taken into account while looking for pictures.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

SKB does take a long time to unhide videos because it encrypts them. But photos are really quick. I an usually unhiding multiple videos at once. Which could take up to an hour on my Mogul, but are alot quicker on my TP.

Alot of the time now, I use MS Live Mesh and send the pictures to a hidden folder on my laptop at home. That solves alot of problems.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

UBERG33K is just getting started

I just went into the program folder and changed the property if the items to hidden. they don't show anymore. It works fine, It just sucks when you update an app, you have to remember to go hide it again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBERG33K View Post
I just went into the program folder and changed the property if the items to hidden. they don't show anymore. It works fine, It just sucks when you update an app, you have to remember to go hide it again.
if you really dont want to carry the pics around with you, you can do what I suggested with sending them to your home computer and then delete them off the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro