PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Windows/Settings Shortcuts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45489)

detwilers 11-19-2008 12:58 AM

Windows/Settings Shortcuts

Anybody know where to find the Settings shortcuts so that I can add, delete or move some of these Icons into more organized folders? I just oganized all of my Programs shortcuts now if I can only find where the settings shortcuts are I will be set.

CuzinBucksBx 11-19-2008 01:04 AM

Re: Windows/Settings Shortcuts

Quote:

Originally Posted by detwilers (Post 528569)
Anybody know where to find the Settings shortcuts so that I can add, delete or move some of these Icons into more organized folders? I just oganized all of my Programs shortcuts now if I can only find where the settings shortcuts are I will be set.

Well it depends what Programs or Themes you using. For me I install all my apps on my storage..and the root will be " / Mobile Base / Programs files " make more easy to find when you need to be more creative.

Now for your "Windows Theme Files" or when you use a path for TF3DConfig. I use this Root /Storage / Themes ( Create a folder and name it themes ) make it more easy for yourself when you want to change a theme on TF3DConfig.

Yes I am a noob as myself but I am learning just like you..Give it time...

detwilers 11-19-2008 01:20 AM

Not sure If I follow.
I am looking for the location of the Windows/Start Menu/Settings shortcuts that appear when you got to settings (3 tabs).
On the Titan they where under /windows/start menu/settings/(Personal, System, Connections) for the different tabs. Then you could just move or add shortcuts. However I had custom ROM's on that device.

[sammich] 11-19-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detwilers (Post 528613)
Not sure If I follow.
I am looking for the location of the Windows/Start Menu/Settings shortcuts that appear when you got to settings (3 tabs).
On the Titan they where under /windows/start menu/settings/(Personal, System, Connections) for the different tabs. Then you could just move or add shortcuts. However I had custom ROM's on that device.

These shortcuts are actually embedded within .dll files. It is not as easy as the start menu shortcuts.

I will see if I can find a guide for you, but considering how hard it would be to decompile, it's not really worth it.

detwilers 11-19-2008 01:33 AM

Makes Sense, thought that it was was going to be something like that since I couldn't find them anywere.
I know on the mogul I was able to add icons to the settings folder but maybe it was with one of the many config utilites I had. I can't remember now.

CuzinBucksBx 11-19-2008 01:55 AM

Sorry if I was no help...