PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cradle dock + 1340mAh battery + usb cable, $28.87 shipped.

Is this a good deal? Should I get it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cradle-Dock-SYNC...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6600-> touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

funkycharms is a n00b
Re: Cradle dock + 1340mAh battery + usb cable, $28.87 shipped.

Id say no. The battery is not oem. Non oem batteries are not very predictable and you may run into charging problems.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM
gof
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gof is becoming a great contributor

The unit looks like it has potential. The guy's rating is obviously very good too. My concerns is the quality of the charger and battery (i.e. does the spare battery charger mainting the proper trickle conditions) or would they damage the batteries faster over time.

On the plus side, it's a spare batter charger and easy sync point. But since I was able to sync via push, I don't connect mine all that often anyway.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Multiple people have bought these ebay batteries and NONE of them work properly. Hold off until the real OEM batteries come out.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000 View Post
Multiple people have bought these ebay batteries and NONE of them work properly. Hold off until the real OEM batteries come out.
if your not worried about the battery would it be a good deal? The battery is really not a problem. What people don't know, is half the time if you walk into the sprint store and ask them for a spare battery they will give it to you if they have a return that hasn't been shipped back yet. I just quit sprint about 3 months ago, but I had at least 10 mogul batteries. Now that the pro came out, i went back to the sprint store and they gave me 2 batteries from my pro that they were shipping back because someone had returned it. Actually one of the batteries came from a diamond, but they are the same. When I worked there i use to give batteries out all day, or at worst they can charge you $15 for it if they want to. But basically my point is that getting a spare battery for your pro is not hard to do at all. Just make sure its a repair store you walk into, they keep spare batteries for customers. A regular sprint store would not stock them, so you would just have to hope they are sending one back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6600-> touch pro

funkycharms is a n00b

Ah thanks, ill have to try that. It would be nice to have a spare battery to keep in my car or my backpack when I go on trips.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
if your not worried about the battery would it be a good deal? The battery is really not a problem. What people don't know, is half the time if you walk into the sprint store and ask them for a spare battery they will give it to you if they have a return that hasn't been shipped back yet. I just quit sprint about 3 months ago, but I had at least 10 mogul batteries. Now that the pro came out, i went back to the sprint store and they gave me 2 batteries from my pro that they were shipping back because someone had returned it. Actually one of the batteries came from a diamond, but they are the same. When I worked there i use to give batteries out all day, or at worst they can charge you $15 for it if they want to. But basically my point is that getting a spare battery for your pro is not hard to do at all. Just make sure its a repair store you walk into, they keep spare batteries for customers. A regular sprint store would not stock them, so you would just have to hope they are sending one back.

Yea, thats what happened to me today. I went in to get the carrying case for the phone and mentioned how my battery life was terrible and if anyone could look at it and he said that he would just swap out the battery. He basically told me to train the battery (by only charging it when needed and keeping it on the charger when charging for about 8 hrs) and when i said that will be hard to do when i was at work/school he offered to give me a second battery. Now i just need to find a cradle or seperate battery charger...any suggestions'?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro