PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

LLado is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Return to the Home Screen?

Is there a setting or an App that I can get that will automatically return my phone to the home screen while in sleep mode after a specific amount of time? For example lets say I go to programs and then go to calculator. When Im done using my calculator (Or any other Program) I will close out of calc and put my phone away. But the next time I use my phone its still on the Programs Tab. I was wondering if there was a way to get it to always go back to the home screen by itself while in sleep mode?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Return to the Home Screen?

Is it really that much work to press the Home key when you turn it on?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

chrisaroz is just getting started

Let's say you check your phone 15 times a day. That would be over 100 unnessecary(SP?) clicks a week!

It's not the amount of work it takes to click the Home key, it's just that it should work that way. It's called a HOME screen for a reason, the software should already do exactly what he's asking, revert back to Home screen every time it's turned on.

To answer your question though, I've not seen anything to do what you are asking.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

The only way to change it is in Settings> Personal> Today. In the Items tab you can specify how long before it goes back to Today screen. Unfortunately it's only in 1 hour increment.

EDIT: Check the box "Today Timeout:"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

LLado is a n00b

Ok I did that and 1 hour is alot better than the default which was 4 hours. So that helps me alot. However in a perfect world I would want to set it to less than hour. Like 10-15min would be ideal. Does anyone know of a way to edit the registry to accomplish this? Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLado View Post
Ok I did that and 1 hour is alot better than the default which was 4 hours. So that helps me alot. However in a perfect world I would want to set it to less than hour. Like 10-15min would be ideal. Does anyone know of a way to edit the registry to accomplish this? Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers!
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai]
SessionTimeout=dword:1

Unfortunately, 1 = 1 hour, and 0 shuts the feature off, so 1 hour is the best you can do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro