PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   A2DP Music Player Advice for Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45366)

PolloLoco 11-18-2008 01:21 PM

A2DP Music Player Advice for Touch Pro

I did a search for A2DP and didn't come up with any similar topics - if I missed a thread, please direct me to it.

I've been using my TP for A2DP music and audio books, but have been rotating between the Sprint Music tab, Windows Media and Mortplayer because neither does exactly what I want. I'd like to be able to control tracks from my headset and also be able to browse by folder structure.

If I use the Sprint Music Tab, A2DP controls from my headset work out pretty well except for the following. When I pause from my headset - the time value on the screen of my TP goes to zero on both ends. If I then press play on the TP - I go to the next track instead of resuming where I left off. If instead I press pause again on my headset, the track resumes correctly but the time never updates until I go to the next track. Also I can find no way to browse by folder structure.

Windows Media does everything correctly, but actually has worse compatibility with certain MP3 files, I can't figure it out. Also - if I exit out of WMP - I can't resume where I left off. There don't appear to be any settings to fix this.

Finally, Mortplayer accomplished everything I wanted on the 6700 - but not on the Touch Pro. When try to use A2DP controls - WMP opens up, and the audio stream from Mortplayer continues unabated. That's just weird.

Any suggestions that would help me with using these audio players - or suggestions about others that I might try?

Nagual 11-18-2008 01:32 PM

Re: A2DP Music Player Advice for Touch Pro

I am using the Jabra BT3030 and have some of the concerns you noted--however I am just defaulting to the Sprint player because overall it interfaces acceptably with the Jabra (at least, when my BT headset isn't stepping on its toes while I drive).

I get what you're saying about the Sprint Player's shortcomings but it's my default because it's the only one with large enough controls and displays (and features, even imperfectly implemented) to perform without a lot of fiddling.

PolloLoco 11-18-2008 05:38 PM

I've also noticed that if I'm playing music through bluetooth, then start up certain aps - like Iguidance GPS or sync e-mail, I'll either lose the connection or the audio quality will become terrible.

Has anyone had a better A2DP experience with the Touch Pro?

fruit 11-18-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco (Post 527697)
I've also noticed that if I'm playing music through bluetooth, then start up certain aps - like Iguidance GPS or sync e-mail, I'll either lose the connection or the audio quality will become terrible.

Has anyone had a better A2DP experience with the Touch Pro?

I'm seeing issues with audio quality becoming terrible too. There will be random stops or static whenever its syncing email.

Although, I think there are other factors in play also. i.e. today I had the issue when I went out to lunch. I turned off all data/phone and only had the music player turned on. Music still exhibits random static stops. But the minute I go indoors, the problem will disappear within 1-2 min. So wondering if temperature has anything to do with this problem. (It's a 30 degree day here)

Nagual 11-18-2008 06:13 PM

You can't expect to multitask heavily and have the BT audio be perfect--it takes some processor/RAM resources and system power to keep the thing going. However, I haven't experienced any other major playback issues yet. I don't like that the music pauses for a second when powering the TP on and off sometimes though (not a total shutdown, just the screen).

PolloLoco 11-19-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 527773)
You can't expect to multitask heavily and have the BT audio be perfect--it takes some processor/RAM resources and system power to keep the thing going. However, I haven't experienced any other major playback issues yet. I don't like that the music pauses for a second when powering the TP on and off sometimes though (not a total shutdown, just the screen).

I understand that - I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one having those issues.

Right now my most frustrating problem is that I can't get AVCRP to work with either MortPlayer and Pocket Player. I read that MortPlayer should have worked for me, so I downloaded a trial of Pocket Player. Whenever I tried to control a track with my headset however - the Sprint Tab in Touch Flo started playing in the background instead of controlling the existing song. So I closed Touch Flo, opened up Pocket Player again, and tried to control the track via my headset once more. This time, Windows Media Player opened up again. :-)

It seems that only the Sprint tab and WMP are configured to work with A2DP and AVCRP on this phone. Is there any way to change that to allow other programs to work?

Scoob 11-22-2008 11:43 PM

Pollo,
I am having the same issue with Coreplayer which I used on the Mogul without problems. I also listen to audiobooks and Coreplayer will save the exact position when you end the program.

Anyway, I can't use any of the controls on my BT8010 because it always launches WM player. Quite annoying but I'm trying to adjust.

Hopefully, someone can find an answer or hack...

andyandmarlys 11-26-2008 11:00 PM

Same issue here for Mort Player.... Too bad the stock player DOES NOT PLAY MP4 files... Mort Player IS the best player out there... I'd like to get it to work

Scoob 11-27-2008 02:29 PM

Does anyone have a fix to get our favorite media players to work via BT yet?

andyandmarlys 11-27-2008 02:33 PM

Last night I was able to get mort music to play through the BT headphones.... but I could not control the songs... ie ff or skip ahead...

Sound quality was great... but I'd love to have the control... I am using Plantronics P590's....

I am almost at the point to where I am going to convert all my mp4 files to mp3.... just so I can have control of my music via BT with the built in player

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 546406)
Does anyone have a fix to get our favorite media players to work via BT yet?