PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

risslerp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Power Issue

I have a Verizon Touch Pro running Scrosler SSK 1.1 ROM. The Touch Pro runs fine but when the battery runs down and gives a low power warning, I then put in my spare battery. The Touch Pro will run slow for a while, the contacts will not show up, some of the other prograns will run a little wierd. But eventually everything will start running fine. This may take up to 1 or 2 days to sort out. I've done soft resets but it doesn't help. I've narrowed it down to changing batteries. Even changing between fully charged batteries will cause this to happen. If I keep one battery in and keep recharging it, everythings fine. I use the GPS often at work amd it takes two batteries to get through the day. Has anybody else encountered this issue?

Thanks,
Pete
Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

slpintern is becoming a great contributor
Re: Power Issue

I can't say that I have ever heard of this problem, but, just for a little more information, what kinds of batteries? Are they both stock batteries or special/extended/3rd market batteries? None of that SHOULD matter as it is just a swap in batteries but anything that can be narrowed down may help.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I swap spare batteries constantly and don't experience any sort of lagginess/glitches. The only reason I can think of that happening is if your ROM has some sort of advanced battery gauging drivers that needs to optimize itself for each battery. Even then I'm not sure why it would take so long to sort out.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

risslerp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpintern View Post
I can't say that I have ever heard of this problem, but, just for a little more information, what kinds of batteries? Are they both stock batteries or special/extended/3rd market batteries? None of that SHOULD matter as it is just a swap in batteries but anything that can be narrowed down may help.
They are the standard "HTC Innovation" batteries. If nobody else is experiencing this problem then maybe it is a ROM issue and I'll reflash my ROM. I have a lot of programs on this puppy and would hate to do this. But if and when I do, I'll test it out before installing any programs to see if it is actually a ROM issue or if some Program I installed screwed it up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro