PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

TheAList is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Manila error when added contacts

I just got the phone an have used missing sync to copy my contacts over. I am trying to add someone to my "people" tab on the phone and continually get this error with manila.exe. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Manila error when added contacts

I ran into the same problem... The issue has something to do with contact photos that were attached to the vcards that were sent over from your Mac. Delete the (offending) photos (and take new ones if need be) and it should work fine.

One other odd bit about this, was that in my case, I transferred all my original contacts to my address book from my 700p and then synced that over to the Touch Pro. The contacts that would cause the crash I simply deleted completely and sent then directly via bluetooth from my old Treo. It was happy with that, photos and all. This has to be a missing sync issue.

I do not have Missing sync set to sync my phonebook any longer. Aside from the crashing people tab, it doubled up my entire (500+) contact list on the phone once....
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Anybody else getting somewhat blurry pics when added to Contacts? Most of the pictures I have on my phone were sent from other phones, yet the when I add them to contacts decreases. I had the same problem with my Mogul.

Any ideas?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

KCS2K is a n00b

Try the beat of missing sync, it says they have corrected this. I have yet to try it being stuck at work and only having had my pro for less than 24hrs.

http://forums.markspace.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5227&p=20620&hilit=Touch+pro#p 20620
Old 11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have the same issue and I do not use Missing Sync, just delete the phots and re-add them (or use different ones) and it should work.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

MissBinIN is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MissBinIN

What if you keep getting the error manila.exe period. I was getting it only when I tried to add certain people as faves but now I am getting it when I click on the people figure to even get to my contacts that way. So now I am having to go through start to get to my numbers. Any help for that?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Assuming that you haven't made hacks/changes to Manila that could cause the issue, it sounds like perhaps the image file is damaged and its crashing trying to process it. Use Menu > Remove Picture and see if you can reassign it.

If you can't get that far, go to All People, and edit each contact from there and reassign a new pic.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

MissBinIN is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MissBinIN
Red face Re: Manila error when added contacts

I havent done anything to it except add something for wi fi and that is it. I cant get to all people. If I try to click the person figure in the menu i get the manila error. I will go in and try to delete it through start. This phone is getting on my nerves only because of that one file.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Start > Contacts or Start > Programs > Contacts ... should achieve the same result as pressing All People.

That said, while I haven't used Missing Sync... I wonder if it is anything like Spb Backup... because if it is, that could very well be the problem, since in addition to the things you want restored, it could be restoring something that shouldn't be.

I usually use ActiveSync or PimBackup, for what it's worth.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro