PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

svargas05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gamers rom

hmmm, i see....I appreciate your advice but I tried that and it crashes either way....

I'll give it one more shot and see what I can figure out....thanks for the help though!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

try opening the keyboard before opening pocket nester thats what I do and it works fine.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

xtkxhom3r is a n00b

roms on the TP thats AWESOME i definitely want to try this stuff out thanks!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
hmmm, i see....I appreciate your advice but I tried that and it crashes either way....

I'll give it one more shot and see what I can figure out....thanks for the help though!
The emu's I listed do work, but I do suppose it is based on your ROM. With the stock ROM I was able to get these to work, and with YAY 4 JUGGS rom, they worked. Seemed a bit faster with the custom ROM than with the stock, but could just be me.

I honestly believe that if you are having problems, you look at what you have running and what programs you have installed. Try experimenting with things like put the EMU on the internal storage and put the rom for the emu on the root of the storage card.

Run the emu, then load the rom from within the EMU. Those are the best things I can say for testing. I'm happily in the middle of playing Phantasy Star 3 (Pico Drive) and nethack when I have some freetime.

Yes, the emu's are a tad bit slow, but come on. For being written for a device with a different OS and different hardware, I think it does pretty good. You are NOT going to be able to play things like fighting games and you are not going to get the same 'action' sequences you remember. But games that are a slower pace (like phantasy star and other RPG's) work beautifully.

If you still have problems, drop me a PM and I'll walk you through all the testing I did to help you figure out what is the problem. I'm VERY happy to be able to help out my fellow gamers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
How did you leave out HALO of ALL the games you left out HALO.. Your a disgrace to the FPS world

Just kidding.. a Halo one would be awesome.. I will dig around and start looking for sounds and pics for halo.. gotta find me a theme builder.
I know this is an older post but I don't care. HALO IS NOT A REAL FPS. ANY FPS USING A CONTROL SUCKS!!! True FPS is played with a mouse and keyboard, end of story.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 AM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

I have snes , Gameboy , genesis emulators cooked into my rom check it out...
silence rom 8.5 allcarriers even verizon now lol...
Old 06-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

blacklotus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneNinja! View Post
I know this is an older post but I don't care. HALO IS NOT A REAL FPS. ANY FPS USING A CONTROL SUCKS!!! True FPS is played with a mouse and keyboard, end of story.
well i play my fps's with a mouse and joystick on a pc, and do really well, thank you! although i use a joystick, the crucial component is the mouse here.

i totally agree with requiring the mouse for precise aim. i've tried playin those shooters on friends consoles & was frustrated cuz i know i could do sooo much better on a pc.

that's why they never allow PC & console players 2 play against each other on the same game, consoles would get owned...

that actually brings up a question i was thinkin about. is there any way to hack mouse capabilities onto those consoles? if so you could REALLY clean up on multiplayer!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklotus View Post
well i play my fps's with a mouse and joystick on a pc, and do really well, thank you! although i use a joystick, the crucial component is the mouse here.

i totally agree with requiring the mouse for precise aim. i've tried playin those shooters on friends consoles & was frustrated cuz i know i could do sooo much better on a pc.

that's why they never allow PC & console players 2 play against each other on the same game, consoles would get owned...

that actually brings up a question i was thinkin about. is there any way to hack mouse capabilities onto those consoles? if so you could REALLY clean up on multiplayer!

Ya i thik you are way off topic. google is your best friend. So is duct tape and a sexi car.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro