PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detwilers is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows/Settings Shortcuts

Anybody know where to find the Settings shortcuts so that I can add, delete or move some of these Icons into more organized folders? I just oganized all of my Programs shortcuts now if I can only find where the settings shortcuts are I will be set.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx
Re: Windows/Settings Shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwilers View Post
Anybody know where to find the Settings shortcuts so that I can add, delete or move some of these Icons into more organized folders? I just oganized all of my Programs shortcuts now if I can only find where the settings shortcuts are I will be set.
Well it depends what Programs or Themes you using. For me I install all my apps on my storage..and the root will be " / Mobile Base / Programs files " make more easy to find when you need to be more creative.

Now for your "Windows Theme Files" or when you use a path for TF3DConfig. I use this Root /Storage / Themes ( Create a folder and name it themes ) make it more easy for yourself when you want to change a theme on TF3DConfig.

Yes I am a noob as myself but I am learning just like you..Give it time...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Not sure If I follow.
I am looking for the location of the Windows/Start Menu/Settings shortcuts that appear when you got to settings (3 tabs).
On the Titan they where under /windows/start menu/settings/(Personal, System, Connections) for the different tabs. Then you could just move or add shortcuts. However I had custom ROM's on that device.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwilers View Post
Not sure If I follow.
I am looking for the location of the Windows/Start Menu/Settings shortcuts that appear when you got to settings (3 tabs).
On the Titan they where under /windows/start menu/settings/(Personal, System, Connections) for the different tabs. Then you could just move or add shortcuts. However I had custom ROM's on that device.
These shortcuts are actually embedded within .dll files. It is not as easy as the start menu shortcuts.

I will see if I can find a guide for you, but considering how hard it would be to decompile, it's not really worth it.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Makes Sense, thought that it was was going to be something like that since I couldn't find them anywere.
I know on the mogul I was able to add icons to the settings folder but maybe it was with one of the many config utilites I had. I can't remember now.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Sorry if I was no help...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro