PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: What keyboard do you use on your Touch Pro?
Hardware Sliding Keyboard 79 76.70%
Software Keyboard 6 5.83%
Software Full Qwerty 28 27.18%
Software Compact Qwerty 12 11.65%
Never use ANY keyboard 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

fruit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hard vs soft keyboard

I use the sliding kb about 95% of the time. The other 5% is quick txt msgs or # inputs.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

yea. i love the hardware keyboard. i had the mogul and started using the on screen keyboard all the time so i switched to the Touch. i liked it, but when i started talking to alot of people at once i wish i had a key board to speed it up. i got the TP. But i do use the on screen key board to text in class LOL and i dont think ill change for awhile my TP for a while

Until something better comes out lol
Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ezrem is just getting started

I use TouchPal almost exclusively unless I'm browsing the web - URL's are just a pain to enter that way, so the hardware keyboard comes out.

If the Diamond would have had a MicroSD slot, I would almost certainly have gone that route instead. Especially given the recent FM radio revelations.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

My problem with onscreen keyboards is that they're too much like Blackberry keys... too dang small. When we can get a Touch HD so that the on screen keys in portrait are a reasonable size, I could probably give up my sliding keyboard.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I use the full software when it is sparatic typing, but when i am txting BAM SCHING out comes the hardware

Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrem View Post
I use TouchPal almost exclusively unless I'm browsing the web - URL's are just a pain to enter that way, so the hardware keyboard comes out.

If the Diamond would have had a MicroSD slot, I would almost certainly have gone that route instead. Especially given the recent FM radio revelations.
that is the exact same thing I do with my TP i got used to TouchPal on my Vogue and since it works so good I continue to use it now.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

coming from a touch, i tend to you the software keyboard 90 percent of the time.. its jus soo much faster to type with touchpal, the hardware is moreso for games..web browsing.. or jus to look kool an show off my phone lol

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro