PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HELP! Dropped my touch pro in water. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45344)

heem_infinite 11-18-2008 10:39 AM

HELP! Dropped my touch pro in water.

I had my phone sitting on top of my tv when it started ringing. I usually don't have it on vibrate but i missed a couple of calls last night because it was in my pocket. I was putting my dog in his crate so i could answer the call when all of sudden i heard a drop and water splash. The phone fell right in my dog's water bowl. I rushed to pick it up and saw the screen going in and out and i immediately took the battery out and tried to get all the water off of it. Is thing ruined and will my insurance cover this?

guitardoc64 11-18-2008 10:42 AM

Re: HELP! Dropped my touch pro in water.

It's probably toast. Insurance will cover it but since it is water damage, you'll have to pay the deductible.

bgeezy723 11-18-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heem_infinite (Post 526827)
I had my phone sitting on top of my tv when it started ringing. I usually don't have it on vibrate but i missed a couple of calls last night because it was in my pocket. I was putting my dog in his crate so i could answer the call when all of sudden i heard a drop and water splash. The phone fell right in my dog's water bowl. I rushed to pick it up and saw the screen going in and out and i immediately took the battery out and tried to get all the water off of it. Is thing ruined and will my insurance cover this?

I did this with my Mogul - was carrying my phone and a cup of water in the same hand, went to put the cup down, SPLASH! The phone fell right in. I did exactly what you did, took the battery out, let it dry out as much as possible, but it wasn't coming back from that type of water damage.

As for insurance coverage, it depends what type of coverage you have. I pay for the $7 insurance and it covers everything including water damange, so if you have that then you're good. You will have to pay a $50 deductible though and they will want to give you a refurb (not sure if there are any refurb TP's yet) but you can try and fight for a brand new one, which is what I did.

monsoon411 11-18-2008 11:16 AM

Praise the man (or women) who invented the TEP.:drunken:

chronster 11-18-2008 11:31 AM

Don't tell them it had water damage. Tell them someone stole it or you lost it. Never admit to water damage, EVER.

shellguy 11-18-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 526920)
Don't tell them it had water damage. Tell them someone stole it or you lost it. Never admit to water damage, EVER.

When you file an ins clame you will have to give it back they will see that there is water damage... Might as well fess up to it.. They will still replace it anyways.

Shell

bairice 11-18-2008 12:03 PM

Yea, if I'm not mistaken there's a water sensor under the battery cover that reacts chemically to the water, and they'll be able to tell that there was water damage.

munnarg 11-18-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebai1990 (Post 526979)
Yea, if I'm not mistaken there's a water sensor under the battery cover that reacts chemically to the water, and they'll be able to tell that there was water damage.

That is correct my friend.

heem_infinite 11-18-2008 12:13 PM

its seems to be working fine now. it was flickering and the volume screen kept coming up but i put it under the hand dryer and it seems ok. i'll wait a day or so to see how it acts. i have the tep but i'd rather not have to pay the $50 if i don't have to. christmas is coming.

furiousgtz 11-18-2008 12:13 PM

I remember when I dropped my mogul I went to sprint store and they gave me new one. Let it dry completely! take it to store and get a new one if you want to avoid paying $50 worth a shot.