PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

cssmostdumbest is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP! Dropped my touch pro in water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
When you file an ins clame you will have to give it back they will see that there is water damage... Might as well fess up to it.. They will still replace it anyways.

Shell
if you telll them its stolen or loss then "you no longer have the phone to return" so you dont have to return IT
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

wow you guys are complete morons. Did you read what I wrote? TELL THEM YOU LOST IT OR SOMEONE STOLE IT. This is covered by your replacement plan. No phone to be sent back, no water mark to be discovered. Jesus.

I've been through this with T-Mobile. I had jumped in a pool on a hot day (it was like 100+ degrees) with my phone in my pocket. I guess I just really wanted to get into that water. Anyways, there was this whole thing where water damaged phones needed to be sent back, and I would be without a phone while they replaced it, while phones that are lost or stolen are sent out quicker. I had already told the customer support rep what happened, but she basically told me in the future it's best to report it as lost or stolen. She didn't say those words exactly, but she said there's no wait for that situation. In the end I couldn't wait for the time it would take for my phone to be shipped to them, inspected, then have a replacement shipped back out, so I ended up buying a new one for like 115, which was funny because the deductible on my insurance was 100 bucks anyways.

Last edited by chronster; 11-18-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

let it dry out...it might start working again. i also used the spray that is used to clean cpus out, that strong powerful spray. it helps alot, turn it upside down and every direction while spraying, alot of drops will come out.

and there is no water detector in the phone, thats complete BS. they will NEVER find out if you wait a few days for the droplets to complete go away.

-Chez
Old 11-18-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

sexipink is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
wow you guys are complete morons. Did you read what I wrote? TELL THEM YOU LOST IT OR SOMEONE STOLE IT. This is covered by your replacement plan. No phone to be sent back, no water mark to be discovered. Jesus.

I've been through this with T-Mobile. I had jumped in a pool on a hot day (it was like 100+ degrees) with my phone in my pocket. I guess I just really wanted to get into that water. Anyways, there was this whole thing where water damaged phones needed to be sent back, and I would be without a phone while they replaced it, while phones that are lost or stolen are sent out quicker. I had already told the customer support rep what happened, but she basically told me in the future it's best to report it as lost or stolen. She didn't say those words exactly, but she said there's no wait for that situation. In the end I couldn't wait for the time it would take for my phone to be shipped to them, inspected, then have a replacement shipped back out, so I ended up buying a new one for like 115, which was funny because the deductible on my insurance was 100 bucks anyways.

Uh, why would u call someone a moron. Tmobile insurance isnt the same as sprints insurance, DUHHH. Sprint insurance does cover water damage for ur info. Though im not proud to say it, I actually dropped my phone in the toliet a while back . Sprint not only replaced my phone, I didnt even have to send the water damaged one back because they said it couldnt be repaired. Im quite sure they stop doing that though due to fact that some phones do start to working again once they dry out.

TMOBILE INSURANCE SUCKS ANY HOW, $100 FOR A DEDUCTIBLE
Old 11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

listen b*tch! (lol just kidding)

I'm just saying I told them to report it lost or stolen and they were saying sprint would see the water mark LOL. It just wasn't setting in for them.

Either way, if Sprint sends you out a new phone without making you wait then i guess it doesn't matter. When i was with verizon I went through the same thing, except my phone simply stopped working. They made me wait for it to get shipped to them, then ship out a replacement. That was a long time ago, back when the screen was green and black
Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

heem_infinite is just getting started

i now see spots inside of the screen. everything else is fine. i guess i'll have to take it into the sprint store and get a replacement. does it matter that i bought it at best buy.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

I would say wait a little longer and see if the spots go away, also look at the indicator behind the battery door, is it completely pink or does it still show pink and white in a small x's? If the latter, wait and see if the spots go away and return it to a sprint store under your insurance as I'm sure the buttons or something will start acting funky.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

This article is really good for people to look over in case it happens to you. I haven't had to try this yet--who knows what the future holds.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:54 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

FYI:

Next time you guys drop your phone in water.....DON'T!

Just kidding. Go get a cheap bag of plain white rice from the store. Put your phone and the battery in a big ziploc bag and pour the rice on top of it. The rice will draw all the water out of your phone and you should be good to go. Usual leave it in rice for a day or two. You may still have to go get a new battery though, as it will probably not charge anymore.

Did this when my wife's cousin phone fell in the tub and it worked no problem. She didnt even have to replace the battery.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:56 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

This article is really good for people to look over in case it happens to you. I haven't had to try this yet--who knows what the future holds.
See you guys thought I was joking.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro