PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   A/v Cables For Touch Pro! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45338)

RockSta® 11-18-2008 06:52 AM

A/v Cables For Touch Pro!

My AV cables from expansys came yesterday, and i dont think they work!!!! When i plug them in they nothing happenes, my TV is on input, and the settings pop up on the phone once the cable is connected, but nothing on the screen!!!!! It did pop up once on the screen, but then came off after 2 seconds! I need help, is it me, or do i have defective AV cables?

newt 11-18-2008 08:44 AM

Re: A/v Cables For Touch Pro!

They only show video when you are actively doing something. Even while YouTube is loading it will go black for a minute but then it will show the video. At least that is how mine work.
Hope that helps.

PolloLoco 11-18-2008 10:30 AM

"They only show video when you are actively doing something. Even while YouTube is loading it will go black for a minute but then it will show the video. At least that is how mine work.
Hope that helps."

I was told that if you plugged in the cable, unconnected on the other end - you'd get an onscreen image on your phone that asks you for PAL or NTSC. Is that correct?

If so, that would tell the op whether his cable and/or touch pro is working.

Mbai2 11-18-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newt (Post 526712)
They only show video when you are actively doing something. Even while YouTube is loading it will go black for a minute but then it will show the video. At least that is how mine work.
Hope that helps.

Incorrect. It shows an image at at all times. The reason why it turns black in youtube is because it is switching resolutions (portrait for browsing to landscape for playback) and the TV needs time resync the new resolution.

When you plug in the cable, it should give you an option of choosing NTSC or PAL. Choose the correct format and the video should pop up. Choose the wrong one and, depending on your TV, you may get nothing. Go into to settings/system/TV Out to see if you can play with the settings to get it to work.

chronster 11-18-2008 11:35 AM

settings > system > TV Out - what do you see there?

My guess is this is an ntsc vs pal issue.

dew.man 11-18-2008 03:27 PM

Also, just to be sure we don't overlook the obvious, the TV has to be on the correct channel/input...

chronster 11-18-2008 04:03 PM

also the tv has to be plugged in the wall and turned to on. Also, make sure your eye lids are not in a downward position.

celitrd2 11-18-2008 05:44 PM

and don't forget to match the color of the rca cables to its corresponding colored input port.

bedoig 11-18-2008 06:15 PM

Not very nice. But funny! :)

x10guy 11-18-2008 06:39 PM

Yeah.... harsh but very funny.

(who besides me looks also how long the poster has been a member of the forum and how many posts?... just being honest, but admittedly that sometimes affects my response)