PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ezrem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TouchFlo Music & Power Button = Mute?

So, I killed the Music tab on the Sprint TF3D skin, because the performance was horrible. Then a week or so ago I tried the O2 blue one, which is VERY nice. Surprisingly, the music tab works GREAT!

The only problem is that music playback stops when I press the power button. Is there any way around this?

I tried to do a search for this, but can't seem to find anyone that's had this problem. I can't believe that would be the case...maybe nobody's using the Music tab at all?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Re: TouchFlo Music & Power Button = Mute?

Mine is unaltered (I personally don't know what "O2 blue" is) but a design flaw exists where powering the unit on sometimes while music is playing through the Music tab causes about a 1/2-second pause and resume in the track playing. Your issue sounds worse, and one might guess that the alteration you did has something to do with it. If it's something you got from a forum post here, maybe mentioning the issue there would get you a better answer.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started

Is this through the speaker, headset, or bluetooth?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezx44 View Post
Is this through the speaker, headset, or bluetooth?
Just using the built-in speaker. I haven't bothered trying a headset, I assumed it would be the same. Upon further testing, it seems that the playback pauses, not mutes.

The "O2 Blue" theme is just a Manila skin that I loaded with TF3D Config to replace the default Sprint skin.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

use s2p it plays with screen off using poweron top of phone. killer app. its free please try it.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417511 use it with s2u2 and play with screen locked,http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-20-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started

I think you'll be fine with the default and a headset too, but I agree with S2P, especially if you have S2U2.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

theres also s2v for viewing pics and changing wallpaper on s2u2 and today screen. all are vga also, so dl vga cabs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=358187
Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezx44 View Post
I think you'll be fine with the default and a headset too, but I agree with S2P, especially if you have S2U2.
I don't have S2U2...I'm perfectly happy with the music tab in TF3D now that it's not the crappy Sprint one.

There's got to be some way to make this work. TF2D on an HTC mogul works this way, you can turn the screen off and it keeps right on playing. They both use HTC Audio Manager, I believe...

Also, I just tried reverting to the stock Sprint TF3D skin...same issue.

Also, you're right, it does continue playback through headphones. Still, it would be nice, occasionally, to be able to play music with the screen off via the built in speaker.

Last edited by Ezrem; 11-20-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

music playback only stops if you are using through speaker... if you plug in headphones youll notice it plays normally. it'll also play normally through the speaker if you let the screen auto shutoff... again, the problem only comes when its shut off manually with speaker... if you're on the go with headphones then it isn't a problem... i use s2p with music on the storage card and orb for streaming my pc songs... still use touchflo music tab but rarely
i think music tab uses windows media player, which if im not mistaken has always been like that.

Last edited by lipidfats; 11-20-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
music playback only stops if you are using through speaker... if you plug in headphones youll notice it plays normally. it'll also play normally through the speaker if you let the screen auto shutoff... again, the problem only comes when its shut off manually with speaker... if you're on the go with headphones then it isn't a problem... i use s2p with music on the storage card and orb for streaming my pc songs... still use touchflo music tab but rarely
i think music tab uses windows media player, which if im not mistaken has always been like that.
I'll use Kinoma once it's full-VGA, probably - though it does have its issues. Why they refuse to just let us select our own media locations is beyond me. For now I just really like that everything is integrated into TF3D. I'm not one of those people that needs to customize eeeeeeeverything. I just want it nice and clean, and for it to work the way I expect. That said, the O2 Blue theme is considerably nicer than the stock Sprint one...even if it is a tad slower.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro