PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Lurker

GunShow69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP Applications????

Ok so I don't know if this stuff is on here anywhere, but I was wondering if anyone has used the G-Remote software on their TP. I had wanted to use such an application with my mogul awhile back, but also wanna use the keyboard as an input device. I see that the iphone has a program called TouchPad Pro that allows you to use the phone as a keyboard and mouse to control the whole computer......is that any application like that for the TP? Cause I would love to sit back on my couch and use my computer on my 58" Sharp Aquous!!

Also with the Video out cable, if I plug it into a touch screen TV, would I be able to control the phone via the TV screen?? It would be sick to be able to sit back and tap on the screen of my flip out monitor while driving, and have txts read through the monitors in my visor.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte
Carrier: Sprint

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor
Re: TP Applications????

I can aswer one of your questions and that is about using G-remote. I have sed G-remote, and found it to be quite reliable thus are(1 day of use). Howeve, I see it of more of a toy, no for every-day use. I have media center hooked upto a 52" and it works very nicely. It's niceto be able to us my phone as more than just a phone. No need to carry around a bulky wireless keyboard, just a phone. It's a neat thing. Amazes me..

Last edited by grad20_09; 11-18-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunShow69 View Post
Also with the Video out cable, if I plug it into a touch screen TV, would I be able to control the phone via the TV screen?? It would be sick to be able to sit back and tap on the screen of my flip out monitor while driving, and have txts read through the monitors in my visor.
You would need usb host capabilities on your Pro and the proper usb cable to make that work. There is a thread here discussing this possibility. Basically right now it looks like this would be difficult to do (if it is even possible) and you would need usb drivers for your Pro which I have not been able to find.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GunShow69 is a n00b

So the G-remote allows me to also use the keyboard function and input words just like the iphone's application?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro