PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a program that...

allows you to add contacts on the CPU than when syncd it will transfer them to your phone?

i know the palm has this but not sure about WM devices.

-Chez
Old 11-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Is there a program that...

yea its called microsoft outlook
Old 11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Timeless
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

FYI: The CPU is the Intel/AMD chip inside your computer that does all the processing. When you're referring to your computer it's safe to call it a computer.

Anyway, yeah, as mentioned, this would be the purpose of Outlook. As far as I'm aware, though, with Vista it'll also sync it with the Windows Contacts.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
FYI: The CPU is the Intel/AMD chip inside your computer that does all the processing. When you're referring to your computer it's safe to call it a computer.

Anyway, yeah, as mentioned, this would be the purpose of Outlook. As far as I'm aware, though, with Vista it'll also sync it with the Windows Contacts.
yea your technically correct, but calling the pc a cpu is kinda like calling a copy a xerox. its also a completely standard (though annoying for some of the more technically inclines) way of referring to the pc though a bit depreciated these days.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:53 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

or when my english grandparents ask if i want a kleenex

Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
yea your technically correct, but calling the pc a cpu is kinda like calling a copy a xerox. its also a completely standard (though annoying for some of the more technically inclines) way of referring to the pc though a bit depreciated these days.
It's pretty much non-existent in today's vernacular. Used to be an extremely common misrepresentation of the computer, but is rarely heard anymore. The current standard misrepresentation of the tower is to refer to it as the "hard drive" (always entertaining to show someone to the hard drives to then have them call you an idiot because that's not what they think a hard drive is), or even "modem." People have evolved past the ever so slightly more accurate descriptions of old into new levels of idiocy.

And let's not even touch on the dozen or so descriptions for flash drives, half of which are just humorous, and the other half of which accurately describe completely different products (memory card, memory chip, and memory stick coming to mind as the most confusing, and "scan disk" one of the more humorous).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
People have evolved past the ever so slightly more accurate descriptions of old into new levels of idiocy.
LOL!! May I borrow this line? This exactly describes what I've seen in my career. BTW, hope the Sylmar fire didn't get too close

Old 11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Timeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
LOL!! May I borrow this line? This exactly describes what I've seen in my career. BTW, hope the Sylmar fire didn't get too close
Close enough to get us pretty nervous. We were watching the flames from our home, waiting to see if we should start packing. Thankfully it never came quite as close as last year's fire. That time we were under [non-mandatory] evacuation orders before they got it under control.

And please, use it with my blessing. I'm just so saddened by how our available knowledge and education increases while the people around us seem to get dumber.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

You can use Active Sync to make it a lot easier to transfer the contacts... The link below is where you can download it from...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...x?ProductID=76
Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

getimmaaw is just getting started

Quote:
Close enough to get us pretty nervous. We were watching the flames from our home, waiting to see if we should start packing. Thankfully it never came quite as close as last year's fire. That time we were under [non-mandatory] evacuation orders before they got it under control.

And please, use it with my blessing. I'm just so saddened by how our available knowledge and education increases while the people around us seem to get dumber.
Some people in non-English speaking countries, or countries that have english as a second language use these term to refer to computers and other things. Its not people getting dumber.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro