PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   internet not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45302)

sfld 11-17-2008 11:12 PM

internet not working

touch pro will not connect to the inet, jus stays on locating on the touch pro.

i tried ##3282 and its asking for a unlock code. i dunno what that is

Does anyone know why internet wouldnt work? would i have to wait a few hours?

HBOOT 11-17-2008 11:16 PM

Re: internet not working

Hey man, sounds like you just activated the TP,right? anyway the code you will need to get it from Sprint assuming that is you carrier. Then you will have to edit profile to say 1 opposed to zero if that is the case....:mrgreen:

darren.wlsn1 11-17-2008 11:23 PM

i used this link on my diamond and tp, read first couple of pages.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37642

sfld 11-18-2008 09:53 AM

I still cant get my internet to work. IF i do a RTN then the phone keeps cycling the over the air activation.. it jus says waiting for a reply from aprovider.

Im really at a loss here, my phone calls work perfectly... however i cannot get the internet to work. its always a #777 error. Im debating whehter or not i should flash a stock sprint rom to see if it fix's anything

Lukas718 11-18-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfld (Post 526782)
I still cant get my internet to work. IF i do a RTN then the phone keeps cycling the over the air activation.. it jus says waiting for a reply from aprovider.

Im really at a loss here, my phone calls work perfectly... however i cannot get the internet to work. its always a #777 error. Im debating whehter or not i should flash a stock sprint rom to see if it fix's anything

I had the same problem

enter ##DATA# get the password from sprint - then in your settings change value to 1 from 0 and it should work. Since they have online activation problems this value didn't change and has to be updated manually.

ptran504 11-18-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas718 (Post 526794)
I had the same problem

enter ##DATA# get the password from sprint - then in your settings change value to 1 from 0 and it should work. Since they have online activation problems this value didn't change and has to be updated manually.

I tried this to no avail. Any other suggestions? I also deleted the #777 thing per someone else's suggestion. Hard reset too. Thanks for any and all advice.

HBOOT 11-18-2008 07:23 PM

Did you try to reset ##rtn# Make sure you have all necessary data :msid,mdn.

brooklynsugabun 11-18-2008 08:26 PM

i went thur this on both of my pro each time i had to activate it call them they know the codes to fix it as well as try doing a profile update and restore it as well

HBOOT 11-19-2008 12:09 AM

Can you tell me what your profile shows??

jasperppc 11-19-2008 02:23 AM

Hi,

I had the same problem (newly activated phone, can make voice calls, but can't make get on the Internet). The error I got was that it couldn't connect to #777. Here's what I tried:

Before you try any of this, get your MSL, and use it to find your MDN and MSID. Write these three numbers down!

##DATA# Change your Active Profile from "0" to "1". This worked for some people, but it didn't work for me. One thing that I noticed was wrong with mine is that the "User Name" field is blank. Sprint Tech had me manually fill it in, but this just caused some other error (67)

##RTN# - Do a reset. This just caused the phone to go into "Handsfree Activation", but it fails in the end. This ended up wiping my MDN and MSID, which I had to re-enter (##<MSL>#).

I also tried some other tips from XDA, like deleting the Sprint connection, and doing update Profile.

None of these sloved my problem, so I just went back to the store and exchanged for another one. Don't buy the Sprint Tech's story about "network outage" or backlog. It's simply BS. I took my Touch Pro, exchanged it for another one, and the new one was activated in a few minutes and the Internet worked instantly.

4 hours wasted, and now I'm on my third TP. Sprint needs to figure out what is going on, both for their sake and the sake of their customers. When I was exchanging my TP, the reps were talking about how another person was in there earlier today exchanging for the exact same reason.

Cheers.