PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: internet not working

You have to put in your username / password under phone settings, at least I do.

name@sprintpcs.com
Old 11-19-2008, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: The Best
Carrier: The Worst

jasperppc is just getting started

Which "phone settings" are you talking about? I don't see any such field under "Phone" in the control panel. The Sprint Tech had me put a password in the AAA Secret field, except she wanted me to enter something which isn't hex, even though the field asks for one. Odd. Anyhow, this just resulted in another error (71). So in the end it was no help.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

isforced is a n00b

i had the same problem, i took it to the sprint store and had them repair it. took them 1 hr and a half!! but internet finally works good now.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

getimmaaw is just getting started

If you changed your active profile to 1 and it is still not working, what you need to do is dial *2 and have a sprint tech update your ##data# w/ your username, and the hex password. Then you can change it to 1 and it should work. I had the same problem with changing the profile to 1 and not having my data work. So yeah

1) no data?
2) call sprint have them update your account.
3) Change active profile from 0 to 1
4) Data!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Soon to be Hero

andrewcgrimm is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to andrewcgrimm Send a message via Yahoo to andrewcgrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperppc View Post
Hi,

None of these sloved my problem, so I just went back to the store and exchanged for another one. Don't buy the Sprint Tech's story about "network outage" or backlog. It's simply BS. I took my Touch Pro, exchanged it for another one, and the new one was activated in a few minutes and the Internet worked instantly.

4 hours wasted, and now I'm on my third TP. Sprint needs to figure out what is going on, both for their sake and the sake of their customers. When I was exchanging my TP, the reps were talking about how another person was in there earlier today exchanging for the exact same reason.

Cheers.
ok first off, the "story" you refer to is comlpetly true. Sprint was having 'hit and miss' problems with OMA, which is the one time activation of new phones or OMA phones (ie: Rumor, TP, TD, Rant, and some aircards). There was a backlog of OMA since wed of last week. Especially after an ESN swap is when most errors occured.

And yes there is an issue with the TP having an Active Profile of 0 instead of a 1.. What that is, is when the phones are first powered on, the phone go through a OTA,, if that fails the phones revert back to default, which is an Active Profile 0,, easy fix..

##3282# change Active Profile to 1,
update profile > Start, Settings, System Tab, Update Profile.

I deal with this on a constant daily basic, which gets Issue Resolved in 5 minutes.

Also Sprint Tech/Reps are not instruced to lie to you.. If there is a know issue or outage..it isnt covered up with a story.

Teathered TP with computer

Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcgrimm View Post
ok first off, the "story" you refer to is comlpetly true. Sprint was having 'hit and miss' problems with OMA, which is the one time activation of new phones or OMA phones (ie: Rumor, TP, TD, Rant, and some aircards). There was a backlog of OMA since wed of last week. Especially after an ESN swap is when most errors occured.
Thanks for the clarification Andrew, but you're missing the problem: Sprint reps are telling customers "network outage" or "backlog" even when it isn't true. In my case, I was told to blame a network outage, but I was able to swap to a new phone, and get Internet instantly! (I did a ##RTN# reset to no avail, right before I swapped it for a new phone).

Quote:
Also Sprint Tech/Reps are not instruced to lie to you.. If there is a know issue or outage..it isnt covered up with a story.
Yes, they really are lying. These reps are probably giving the outage and backlog story because they don't know the real problem. Here's a thread filled with examples: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=176485. Page 2 has one particularly bad anecdote where one person is told that it was a network outage for 3 DAYS! People in that threads had a variety of root causes (including Active Profile), but they were told by a Sprint rep that it was an outage or backlog.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Soon to be Hero

andrewcgrimm is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to andrewcgrimm Send a message via Yahoo to andrewcgrimm

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Andrew, but you're missing the problem: Sprint reps are telling customers "network outage" or "backlog" even when it isn't true. In my case, I was told to blame a network outage, but I was able to swap to a new phone, and get Internet instantly! (I did a ##RTN# reset to no avail, right before I swapped it for a new phone).
Ok, if you would have read what i said, I said Sprint was having 'hit and miss' problems with OMA Devices. And that was true.

A ##rtn# does not change the Active Profile Value. That would have nothing to do with the internet not working. A ##3282# (make sure AP is 1) menu restore. Then Update Profile in Settings>System Tab. Then web should be working.

Quote:
Yes, they really are lying. These reps are probably giving the outage and backlog story because they don't know the real problem. Here's a thread filled with examples: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=176485. Page 2 has one particularly bad anecdote where one person is told that it was a network outage for 3 DAYS! People in that threads had a variety of root causes (including Active Profile), but they were told by a Sprint rep that it was an outage or backlog.
How can you say that are lying, then follow that statement up with another one that says probably. Yes, there was issues for several days, in fact Sprint is still having 'hit and miss' issue with OMA to today.

And the reason I know all of this, and am so knowledgeable about this is, because since wed of last week Ive taken 60 calls aday for this same issue. Some were fixable and some where not, its about 60/40.

There is no way of knowing if OMA will be backlogged before Sprint Tech/Reps refresh an OMA device. Once refreshed, it has to clear through OMA. If it does not clear and someone else refreshed it then its backloged even further. Because it will wait till one clears then clear the rest.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Ok, if you would have read what i said, I said Sprint was having 'hit and miss' problems with OMA Devices. And that was true.
Again, the problem is with Sprint Rep's who are lying to us about an outage or backlog problem. Again, they are saying that probably because they can't figure out how to fix the phone. (Do you understand that now?) Again, in my case I got Internet working by switching phones -- which would not be possible if there was an outage or backlog. Again, in that thread people had a variety of different problems and solutions, but they were told to blame an outage and backlog.

We weren't told about a "hit and miss" by our reps. We were told "outage" and "backlog". And frankly "hit or miss" just means random -- as in we know phones are failing but don't know why.

To be extra clear: I AM NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR. I AM CALLING OUR SPRINT REPS LIARS.

Last edited by jasperppc; 11-19-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:04 PM
N00b

billyboyblue is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Hey man, sounds like you just activated the TP,right? anyway the code you will need to get it from Sprint assuming that is you carrier. Then you will have to edit profile to say 1 opposed to zero if that is the case....
hmm glad you know that call sprint and make a bs story and get your msl code, i told them a techs computer was down and he gave me insturctions on how to fix my phone but i need the msl code, that will work too
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
N00b

billyboyblue is just getting started

they will agree since their having outages.. lol if they don't then say but you just said...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro