PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Need some help with my TP Data Connection. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45289)

SurfDan5 11-17-2008 09:48 PM

Need some help with my TP Data Connection.

I don't have a data plan because everywhere I go has wifi and I was wondering if there was a setting I could make to keep my TP from ever connecting and using Sprint's Data Services? I only want it to use sprints voice and text messaging services if that makes any sense. I just got the TP 10 minutes ago :headbang:

SurfDan5 11-19-2008 05:29 PM

Re: Need some help with my TP Data Connection.

Can anyone help me with this. Sometimes when I'm using wifi on the phone sprint's data service will turn on even though I have it off. I don't have a data plan (don't need one every where I go has wifi) and it keeps turning on. Can anyone help me keep the sprint data service from coming on ? Is there a setting I can make to keep Sprint's data services from never turning on?

aznmode 11-19-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurfDan5 (Post 529989)
Can anyone help me with this. Sometimes when I'm using wifi on the phone sprint's data service will turn on even though I have it off. I don't have a data plan (don't need one every where I go has wifi) and it keeps turning on. Can anyone help me keep the sprint data service from coming on ? Is there a setting I can make to keep Sprint's data services from never turning on?

I'm not sure a way to completely disable it but you can change the connection setting so it dials another number other than #777. It will still try to connect but will give you an connection error.

Go to Settings> Connections> Connections. Manage Existing connection. Edit the Sprint connection. Hit Next till you see the section where you can enter the number that the phone dials. Default is #777. Change it to an number. Hit Next the Finish.

SurfDan5 11-19-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 530023)
I'm not sure a way to completely disable it but you can change the connection setting so it dials another number other than #777. It will still try to connect but will give you an connection error.

Go to Settings> Connections> Connections. Manage Existing connection. Edit the Sprint connection. Hit Next till you see the section where you can enter the number that the phone dials. Default is #777. Change it to an number. Hit Next the Finish.

I changed the # but it keeps finding a way to connect to sprint's data services. There was an option to delete the connection if you hold down the stylus on the word Sprint under the modem tab. Will this stop the connection from happening or mess up my phone in any way if I was to delete it?

tom6433 12-15-2008 06:34 AM

bump...i am debating getting rid of my data plan as well and just use wi-fi but am having the same issue as OP. i thrn it off but it turns on by itself.

jejb 12-15-2008 12:24 PM

Search for the NoData.cab file. Works great.

HBOOT 12-15-2008 12:30 PM

Yeah and you can also call Sprint and they will block your ppc from accessing data..

tom6433 12-15-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 579528)
Yeah and you can also call Sprint and they will block your ppc from accessing data..

they are the ones that are requiring me to have a data plan, so i would like ot keep then out of the loop. i will look into this dodata cab when i get home. is it something i can toggle in a menu once i load the cab?

lmv7777 12-15-2008 03:30 PM

if you dont have a data plan you cannot get the mail in rebate thats the only thing that is required, you dont HAVE to have a data plan its only recommended. but to answer your question you can delete the connection completely or you can call sprint to have them block data on your account so you incur no charges it just doesn't connect. the easiest way is to delete all connections if you can.